Here are strong resume and cover letter samples which include specific SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZED techniques. Employer and job sites now have software which SCANS resumes and prescreens resumes based on the key word matches to each job or internship posting.
You should customize your resume and cover letter for EACH position, EACH company…avoid the generic letter or cover. Also, be sure to save your cover/resume as your FirstNameLastNameResume.doc and FirstNameLastNameCoverLtr.doc.
coverletterPR – click for a sample cover letter
intern-resume-sample – if you have not yet interned
Resume FRESH SAMPLE Clean design!
resume-sample-with pr and social media
resumesamplePR – click link for a sample resume
PR QuickStart Tutorial for new PR pros and students to brush up their knowledge and skills: http://www.prquickstart.org/
PRSSA Career Resources Manual (resumes, interview tips and more!)
- Use a sample resume as a template to get started.
- Learn about the five most common mistakes HR managers see.
- Get guidance on writing an effective cover letter and resume.
- See typical public relations agency job descriptions (e.g., account manager).
- Find out what salary you can expect at a public relations agency or corporate communications organization.
- Discover the types of services you’d be asked to provide at a public relations agency.
The Perfect Professional Portfolio: http://wp.me/p234Fa-e5
Cal Berkeley’s Career & Internship guide: https://career.berkeley.edu/Guide/Guide.stm (amazing resume samples, cover letters, search strategies, interview tips and more!)
My articles with great tips to chart a path to success:
Resume Essentials & Tips: http://wp.me/p234Fa-z
How to ace the inteview & get the job: http://wp.me/p234Fa-2a
Managing your college career: http://wp.me/p234Fa-1W
How to be a star intern: http://wp.me/p234Fa-38