Aspiring and seasoned professionals must stay abreast of the industry trends, news and insights. Many of these organizations offer free e-newsletter subscriptions. Content ranges from agency news and career tips, to job leads and in-depth industry analysis.
PR Daily Quick and short news, career tips and insights. Free daily newsfeed headlines are the perfect and fast way to stay up to date with relevant industry news.
Coverage features insights about social media, communication, crisis management, media relations, events, training and much more!
- Agency News O’Dwyer’s PR – Includes agency news, PR firm rankings and directories and special issues featuring cases, news and company lists for firm specialty areas including:
January, PR Buyer’s Guide/Crisis Comms.
February, Environmental PR & Public Affairs
March, Food & Beverage PR
April, Broadcast Media Svcs. & Social Media PR
May, PR Firm Rankings by size and specialty area
June, Multicultural/Diversity & Int’l PR
July, Travel & Tourism PR
August, Financial PR/IR & Prof. Svcs. PR
September, Beauty/Fashion & Lifestyle PR
October, Healthcare & Medical PR
November: Technology PR
December: Entertainment & Sports PR
- Holmes Report Blog – Industry News – Global industry news and research insights. The World PR Report reviews the state of the global public relations industry. The annual report features:
- Public Relations Council – Advocates for and advances the business of communications firms by building the market and the value of firms as strategic business partners. Site includes news, jobs, case studies, events and more.
- Free webinars and tutorials: www.prgenomeproject.com/past-webinars
- Public Relations Society of America – Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the world’s largest organization of public relations professionals with more than 22,000 public relations and communications professionals, in addition to more than 10,000 university and college students through the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
- http://prsay.prsa.org/ – online PR tools, cases, jobs, internships, career guidance, resume and cover letter samples, articles and industry news, training opportunities and much, much more.
- PR QuickStart Tutorial for new PR pros and students http://www.prquickstart.org/
- http://www.prsa.org/Jobcenter/career_resources/career_level/entry_level/ –
- Use a sample resume as a template to get started.
- Learn about the five most common mistakes HR managers see.
- Get guidance on writing an effective cover letter and resume.