Aspiring and seasoned professionals must stay abreast of the industry trends, news and insights. Many of these organizations offer free e-newsletter subscriptions. Content ranges from agency news, free events, webinars, career tips, job leads and in-depth industry analysis.
The Center for Communication is a nonprofit dedicated to bringing more diversity to the media industry and giving students access to influential professionals. The Center’s offers free seminars, featuring media leaders, who inform college students on the ever-evolving media industry. Center seminars cover all fields of media, including journalism, television production, documentary and feature filmmaking, social media, magazine and book publishing, advertising, PR and marketing. Free networking opportunities, webinars and events click here.
The Museum of Public Relations is a non-profit, permanent institution, open to the public, which acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits the tangible and intangible heritage of the public relations practice for education and research that will help shape its future and inform the public of the practice’s social value.
PR Daily Quick and short news, career tips and insights. Free daily newsfeed headlines are the perfect and fast way to stay up to date with relevant industry news. Coverage features insights about social media, communication, crisis management, media relations, events, training and much more!
- Directory-of-PR-Firms – listing of firms by size, specialty, area, location and more!
- Agency News O’Dwyer’s PR – Includes agency news, PR firm rankings and directories and special issues featuring cases, news and company lists for firm specialty areas including:
January, PR Buyer’s Guide/Crisis Comms.
February, Environmental PR & Public Affairs
March, Food & Beverage PR
April, Broadcast Media Svcs. & Social Media PR
May, PR Firm Rankings by size and specialty area
June, Multicultural/Diversity & Int’l PR
July, Travel & Tourism PR
August, Financial PR/IR & Prof. Svcs. P
September, Beauty/Fashion & Lifestyle PR
October, Healthcare & Medical PR
November: Technology PR
December: Entertainment & Sports PR
- Provoke Media – Industry News – Global industry news and research insights. The World PR Report reviews the state of the global public relations industry. The annual report features:
- Global PR agency rankings: the Top 250 PR firms in the world.
- Exclusive insight into the size and growth of the global PR industry
- Research into the opportunities and challenges facing PR firms around the world
- Careers in public relations, marketing and more https://www.provokemedia.com/agency-playbook/all-jobs
- Public Relations Council – Advocates for and advances the business of communications firms by building the market and the value of firms as strategic business partners. Site includes news, jobs, case studies, events and more.
- Free webinars and tutorials: www.prgenomeproject.com/past-webinars
- Public Relations Society of America – Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the world’s largest organization of public relations professionals with more than 22,000 public relations and communications professionals, in addition to more than 10,000 university and college students through the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
- http://prsay.prsa.org/ – online PR tools, cases, jobs, internships, career guidance, resume and cover letter samples, articles and industry news, training opportunities and much, much more.
- PR QuickStart Tutorial for new PR pros and students http://www.prquickstart.org/
- http://www.prsa.org/Jobcenter/career_resources/career_level/entry_level/ –
- Use a sample resume as a template to get started.
- Learn about the five most common mistakes HR managers see.
- Get guidance on writing an effective cover letter and resume.
The American Marketing Association Members of the American Marketing Association are dedicated professionals who work, teach and study in the field and have a passion for advancing the industry. Content comes from scholarly journals, like the Journal of Marketing, and publications, like Marketing News, the AMA offers perspectives to provide marketing trends and insights. Enjoy a series of free webinars here.
Hubspot Academic offers a series of free certifications and online training webinars for social media marketing, inbound marketing, SEO, digital advertising, analytics, email marketing and more. From quick, practical courses to comprehensive certifications,
Hubspot offers free training for resume and career friendly business skills. Click here for full course offerings.
The Hootsuite blog is good resource for anyone working with social media marketing. The blog covers topics from how to collect and analyze social media data, examples of companies that use social media well, content marketing, and pretty much anything you need to know about using specific social media platforms for optimal results. Hootsuite also offers trend reports, tips, research and more. Additional Hootsuite insights and resources here.