Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Corporate Communications Coordinator will play a critical role in keeping the communications team organized and agile, supporting the leading audio entertainment company in North America in telling its story.
What you’ll do:
- Provide departmental support to the SXM PR team for communications efforts across the company, with a particular focus on corporate initiatives.
- Lead the ongoing maintenance of important communications materials, including but not limited to: conference and awards trackers, press lists, coverage monitors, and presentations.
- Assist in the creation of various press materials, including releases, blogs, alerts, pitches, bios, and speaking and awards submissions.
- Organize team meetings and keep all stakeholders aligned on action items/next steps.
- Coordinate and support communications activations at company events as well as additional onsite activities such as executive photo shoots, press tours, etc.
- Help to manage communication vendor relationships, and evaluate new potential providers.
- Stay on top of breaking industry and competitor news and social updates, keeping the team informed and drafting topline summaries as needed.
- Keep track of deadlines for editorial, speaking, and awards opportunities and notify the team to ensure materials are submitted in a timely manner.
- Develop positive relationships both externally with members of the press, partners, and event organizers as well as internally with leadership and counterparts across the company.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in communications, PR or media relations, and an eagerness to learn and grow within the space (internships count for the right candidate)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and superior organizational abilities
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the team as well as independently
- An aptitude for balancing multiple projects and executing quickly yet precisely amid shifting deadlines and priorities
- Creative problem-solving skills with strengths in multitasking and prioritizing
- A high level of discretion when handling confidential information.
- Interest in the industries and topics of media, technology, DEI, and more
- A love of audio – music, podcasts, and more!
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base hourly rate for this temporary position to be $30 to $40 per hour and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice. APPLY HERE.
Working for star WP SPRA alum Kevin Bruns, Associate Director, Corporate Communications, SiriusXM.