- 150 Greenwich St Floors 49 & 50,4 World Trade Center, New York, NEW YORK
- Business Segment: NBCUniversal Local
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York’s leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area’s professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Interns in the department will assist the Marketing/Programming Staff with various consumer marketing, affiliate marketing, public relations, on-air promotion, program planning, and ratings research. Interns will be assigned ongoing, daily responsibilities as well as stand-alone projects and will assist with various office and administrative duties. This is an in-person internship at the SNY office located in lower Manhattan. Interns will attend weekly department meetings and various project meetings throughout the semester. Job responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the management and tracking of SNY marketing campaigns across all mediums including digital, social, radio, and outdoor.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments and outside agencies on the execution of SNY marketing campaigns.
- Helps manage SNY trade partnerships including event dates, media schedules, and the delivery of assets.
- Assists marketing team with network creative around Mets and Jets partnership deliverables.
- Reviews game broadcasts and other SNY programming to ensure drop-ins and promotions are executed.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring affiliate and station promotions
- Confirms distributor channel information for internal documents
- Sends premiums and tickets as needed
- Monitors and tracks viewer feedback and distribution questions
- Helps manage premiums and inventory
- Assists in creating weekly contingency programming for live sports programming
- Screens various programming for quality control
- Assists in the creation of monthly schedule grids for VOD, Mets Fast Forward, Closed Captioning
- Helps work with Master Control on coordinating feed schedules
- Provides support in creation of schedules and rating analysis projects
- Inputs monthly schedules into Nielsen scheduling system
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- A knowledge and interest of New York sports is preferred but not required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by SNY.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
Hourly rate: $15
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.