Global Strategy Group is proud to kick off our 2023 Summer Internship search, and we’re looking for you! Our Communications & Public Affairs practice focuses on strategic communications, crisis communications, brand & message development, and grassroots campaigns, to name a few. Our internships are designed for rising college seniors and recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn all aspects of the work we do for our clients.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
As a GSG Intern, you will work closely with the entire Communications & Public Affairs team on any number of tasks, projects, or presentations. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional!
Our Summer Interns must be able to commit working full-time (40 hrs/wk.). The position will be a hybrid role with an in person component in either our Washington, DC or NYC offices. The internship will begin in June and go through the end of August. Pay rate is $20/hour.
As the Communications & Public Affairs Intern, you will be responsible to:
- Prepare written materials for advocacy campaigns and grassroots logistics, including database maintenance, press releases, FAQ sheets, draft letters, statements, memos, etc.
- Closely monitor events in the news, compile press lists, and perform background research for current and potential clients
- Cover press events and public hearings (including, but not limited to, community board meetings), as well as assist in public event coordination
- Help manage canvassing and direct community outreach
- Assist with digital advertising and social media campaigns
Do the following descriptions sound like you?
- You are motivated & responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction.
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills, and can work quickly and efficiently.
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world.
- You are familiar with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other cutting-edge outlets, and have a sense of best practices within these spaces.
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- You are comfortable talking on the phone with vendors, colleagues, media, and community stakeholders. You’re ready to reach out to a complete stranger and get the necessary message across!
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as knowledge of media & politics, familiarity of social media monitoring and media database tools, and maybe even Photoshop or design skills! These are not required, but certainly a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you this spring, we want to hear from you!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs of the position will be contacted via email.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete your online application or participate in the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call (212) 260-8813 and ask to speak to someone in Human Resources – Talent Acquisition.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Global Strategy Group (GSG) is a full-service research, public affairs, and communications agency tackling some of today’s most complex and important challenges. With more than two and half decades of experience and a team of 150+ talented professionals, we protect and build corporate reputations, influence public affairs decision makers, advocate on important social issues, and win campaigns. We combine unparalleled subject matter expertise with data-driven insights and innovative methodologies to generate urgency among stakeholders and key audiences, delivering tangible success for our clients.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters, and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.