Brand: Luxottica (LoA Corporate)
New York, NY, US, 10018
Requisition ID: 790187
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our portfolio of more than 150 renowned brands span various categories, from frames, lenses and instruments to brick and mortar and digital distribution as well as mid-range to premium segments. Our Shared Services Team, accompany and enable others within the EssilorLuxottica collective to achieve their targets. They keep people and projects running smoothly, ensuring every part of our business is provided for and well taken care of.
As a participant in the EssilorLuxottica Internship Program, you will work towards a life-enhancing mission that unites us all. We believe vision is a basic human right, and by bringing together world-leading expertise in lens and eyewear technology, we are promising a brighter future for the hundreds of millions of people we serve globally. Therefore, whatever role you are in, you can make a meaningful difference to people’s lives.
The EssilorLuxottica Full-Time internship spans 10 weeks in the summer (with opportunities to extend Part-Time during the academic year) and allows you to become fully immersed into EssilorLuxottica and its brands. You will perform meaningful work that delivers real impact, take part in learning and career development sessions, and experience one-on-one mentorship and interactive networking events.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the team responsible for implementing the organization’s communications, marketing, and/or, public relations strategy.
- Build relationships and maintain communication between partners and various stakeholders.
- Assist in managing the content calendar, project management, event production, social media management, and asset management.
- Generate new ideas and drive best practices to engage better with internal and external audiences.
- Create engaging content for social media platforms, press releases, and newsletters.
- Gather information and verify facts and statistics to be used in various communications.
- Read, evaluate, and edit content for adherence to company styles, standards, and formats.
- Conduct research to identify consumer trends and client needs.
- Manage and develop campaigns.
- Prepare proposals and deliver presentations.
- Track, analyze, and report outreach efforts to draw insights and facilitate sound decision making and future strategies.
- Seeking a degree in Business, Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field of study.
- Available for the full 10-week program, 40 hours per week.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. required on the first day of employment.
- Ability to craft concise, creative, and compelling messaging.
- Experience with engagement and building community on digital platforms.
- Proficiency with presentation software, graphic design, and photoshop.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, maturity and good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and evaluate priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams.
- Previous internship or work experience in similar functions/business units.
- Leadership roles on campus and/or community involvement.
- Study abroad or international exposure.
NY Intern Pay Rate: Undergraduate $23/hr, Graduate $31/hr
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills, and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner). EssilorLuxottica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.Apply now