See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The Entertainment Group develops and schedules the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming, including USA, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. NBC’s quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime’s key demo, marking the network’s third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Communications: preparing for press junkets, researching media outlets & contacts, and compiling coverage reports. Opportunities may be available in the following brands: NBC, E!, Bravo, Alternative content, Late Night shows, Specials
- Photography: support photo producers, review and edit episodic photo coverage, assist with post-production by editing and captioning all photography. Opportunities may be available in the following brands: NBC, Peacock
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Passion for television entertainment space and pop culture
- Prior social media, digital marketing, publicity and/or communications experience
- Knowledge of and experience with all major social media platforms
- Ability to multitask and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous internship experience within a corporate setting
The hourly rate for this internship is $16.50.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.