Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a U.S. Skin Health & Beauty Body Care, Communications Manager (New Consumer Health Company). This position will be located in Skillman, NJ with a flexible hybrid work option!
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world’s most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
This role is responsible for creating and executing regional strategies to help drive the U.S. Skin Health & Beauty business objectives for the Body Care category and enhance the reputation of our brands and NCHC overall. The Manager is accountable for the category’s external and internal communications programs, brand and trade public relations strategy, public affairs strategy and tactics, and community relations. This role demands fluency in high-impact press, influencer and social communications, media relations, and crisis/issues management.
- Serve as single point of contact for all Body Care category communications needs and collaborate with other communications colleagues (e.g., global, external stakeholder, issues management, employee engagement, corporate, etc.) to provide strategic communications counsel to the Body Care Commercial Leader and the cross-functional Body Care team
- Protect and enhance the reputation and equities of the Aveeno® and Lubriderm® brands by providing counsel on the Public Relations and Influencer Marketing strategies, as well as partnering on issues/crisis communication programming with the Global Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement team
- In partnership with the NA Communications Leader and U.S. Skin Health Communications Leader, define and execute the communications strategy for any external issues that impact our Body Care and Skin Health & Beauty businesses
- Partner with the NA Communications Employee Engagement team and U.S. Skin Health Communications Leader on the communications strategy for all employee engagement and change management efforts relating to the business
- Identify opportunities to secure key business and trade media coverage for Body Care brands (Aveeno® and Lubriderm®) as well as prepare and train key internal spokespeople
- Collaborate with other Brand Public Relations and Consumer Health public relations colleagues as it relates to larger sector-wide communications opportunities for external and internal stakeholders
- Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., marketing, professional, R&D, sales, digital, social, e-commerce, etc.)
- Develop partnerships with third party partner organizations and professionals (e.g., dermatologists) as needed
- Liaise with the Global Consumer Health Communication team and the Global Franchise Organization to partner, share insights and key learnings gained from the Body Care communications programs
- Role model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding, and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback
- Model a healthy enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with our corporate narrative and policies
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience required, in communications with a focus on managing external Brand PR and influencer-based programs for skincare and beauty brands (preferred) and/or within consumer-packaged goods at a corporate environment or public relations agency.
- Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives and work in a fast-paced, agile structure required.
- Experience dealing with national and local media, trade, and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations required.
- Must have proficiency working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
- Expert judgment in critical decision-making on issues impacting reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor.
- Experience in change management and crisis communications required.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills required.
- Must be a Digital Champion/Technology Advocate: Embrace and practice a digital mindset through encouraging and role modelling the use of technology.
- Must be Agility and Innovation: Leverages an agile and creative mindset to adapt to change and drive innovative value creation, continuous process improvement, and proactive learning through new technology, processes, and people.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit http://www.careers.jnj.com.