150 Greenwich St Floors 49 & 50,4 World Trade Center, New York, NEW YORK
Business Segment: NBCUniversal Local APPLY HERE
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York’s leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area’s professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Content group at SNY is responsible for the day-to-day planning and production of SNY’s on-air and digital schedule. Interns will assist in the production of daily programs such as “Baseball Night in NY”, “Mets Pre Game”, etc., while also helping the SNY Digital Media Staff in various production and marketing related initiatives including research, audio/video production, news gathering, editing content for the web site, generating traffic reports for analysis, and assisting in the management of sales inventory, creating sales decks and campaign recaps.
Here are the skills required, along with internship obligations:
- Strong interest in the web, mobile, social media, sports and television
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and work as part of a team while also being able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Possess great organizational skills and has excellent track record for following through on projects
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Screening/logging of games, press conferences, interviews and taped programs to prepare for editing
- Researching for graphic boards, creating on-air graphics, and assisting the ticker operators
- Assisting Associate Producers in the edit rooms
- Working on the production of “Baseball Night in NY”, “Geico SportsNite” and Mets programming
- Preparing, copying and distributing programming information and scripts
- Doing detail work to procure footage from external sources
- Any other tasks needed to support the network’s day-to-day operations
Candidates should be concentrating in communications, with an education and/or training in broadcasting. They should also have a strong interest in both digital and televised sports production. Proficiency in computers and typing is a must. They should also be familiar with the programs currently presented on SNY.
- Interns, who must have completed their sophomore year in college, will be paid and may receive college credit if needed.
- The minimum GPA requirement for our internship program is a 3.0.
- Interns generally work approximately 20 hours per week, and may include nights and weekends.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.