Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
Volvo Car Americas Region Corporate Communications Intern
The Corporate Communications intern will act as the backbone to the Americas Region Corporate Communications Team.
This individual will play a key supporting role in the areas of internal communications, employee engagement, media relations, and brand communications for Volvo Cars in the Americas Region. This role requires a willingness to take on additional communication duties as the needs of the business evolve.
Throughout their tenure with us, our intern will develop a robust understanding of the significant role strategic communications can play in achieving our business objectives.
What You’ll Do
Internal and Employer Communications
- Maintain internal content calendar
- Partner with colleagues across the business to gather relevant content on our brand and our people; utilize to draft posts for Volvo Cars’ Intranet and monthly internal newsletter
- Support team on executive communications and organizational announcements including talking points, presentations, social posts, etc.
- Support team on monthly Town Hall development and execution
- Work with in-house creative on development of internal creative assets (photo and video)
External & Brand Communications
- Daily media monitoring and analysis of Volvo Cars and key competitive sets
- Maintain media lists and help field media inquiries
- Participate in the development and distribution of media alerts, press releases and related materials
- Help manage our calendar of external events and activities
- Contribute to logistics and preparation of press activities, press meetings, and other events.
- Work with external partner vendor and key stakeholders to build and maintain library of brand/heritage assets
- Act as the operations lead for Corporate Communications in Mahwah, which consists of managing logistics for employee engagement activities in Americas, particularly the Mahwah site
What You’ll Bring
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong writing, content development and Power Point skills
- The maturity and professionalism to deal with confidential information
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- An understanding of new communication platforms and trends with fierce curiosity about “what’s next?”
- Strong ownership and accountability – able to roll-up your sleeves and make things happen
- Proficiency with graphics and photo editing software is preferred (Adobe Creative Suite)
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.