JetBlue Emerging Talent (JET) Internship Program, Summer – Corporate Communications
The JetBlue Emerging Talent (JET) summer internship is a 10 week program that provides skill & professional development through participation in the developing real-world business solutions that support the delivery of strategic business initiatives. Throughout the program, interns participate in robust programming including professional development activities, cross-functional projects, senior leader exposure, networking, and community service. The JET Program provides interns the opportunity to immerse themselves into the aviation industry while developing specific career interests or areas of study.
We seek highly motivated individuals for opportunities across the organization. Interns are dedicated to helping JetBlue Inspire Humanity. Interns are able to build relationships with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organization and are passionate about being a JetBlue brand ambassador. If you’re looking for a job where your career, your passion, and your sense of fun are all important then you’ve landed at the right place. At JetBlue we’ve built an award-winning brand based on delivering value, service, style and comfort to our customers — and to our crewmembers. And, by hiring people who share our vision, we’ve created a place where people enjoy coming to work.
Positions are primarily located in Long Island City, NY Support Center (LSC). Other locations may become available. JetBlue encourages all eligible students to apply for our Program; however, JetBlue will not provide relocation costs.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Corporate Communications – Media Relations
- The Media Relations team crafts stories that help build the company’s reputation and its mission to inspire humanity with media and other external audiences.
- Participate in project management, business analysis, research methods and competitive analysis
- Develop materials to support current and future programs (i.e., dashboards, communications, workflows, presentations, etc.)
- Support development and execution of departmental programs
- Develop processes and partner with internal customers and business partners
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for internal and/or external customers to ensure alignment of programs and initiatives
- Participate in a cross-functional team project
- Research, create presentations, provide recommendations and insight into industry best practices and provide customer service to our internal departments
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong business acumen, results-oriented, forward-thinking rising juniors, seniors, or currently enrolled graduate students from an accredited university
- Available for employment from June 6 – August 12, 2022
- Able to secure local housing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of academic, professional, or leadership achievement,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Able to provide an official transcript
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate about innovation, the airline industry, and JetBlue
- Project Management experience
- Software and programming experience
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR))
JetBlue Airways is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Address cover note and resume to our star WPUNJ alum Julianna Bryan HERE.