Summer Associate 2020
at MWWPR (View all jobs)
MWWPR has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate in our various US offices including; NYC, DC, LA, Chicago and East Rutherford, NJ. This position is a full time (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm), paid internship for Summer 2020, with potential to be extended based on business needs.
The selected Associate will have the opportunity to learn how an agency operates while interacting with all levels of management. The Associate will help with all aspects of several accounts, but primarily be responsible for media monitoring, drafting pitches and news releases, compiling media lists, conducting media outreach, among other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor media coverage for news of importance to clients & their industries
- Participate in account team strategy sessions and new business brainstorms
- Develop story ideas and contribute to development of communication plans for clients
- Cultivate relationships with key print, broadcast and digital media
- Understand and use social and digital listening tools
- Develop recommendations for a digital influencer program for a client
- Perform research to gather competitive intelligence and develop insights for your clients
- Succeed in a challenging corporate environment
- Maintain media and/or analyst contact lists
- Build editorial calendars and tradeshow/conference lists
- Assemble briefing books and media kits
- Pitch local and trade media as appropriate
- Prepare daily and monthly media reports for distribution to client(s)
- Perform ad hoc account management tasks as assigned
Thirty-three-years young, MWWPR is among the world’s leading independent, integrated PR agencies with nine offices across the US and the UK. Powered by data and guided by insights, intellect and human instincts, the agency leans heavily into a digitally-led, content-driven approach. Its mission is to ignite influence and impact to help organizations matter more to those who matter most.
With dedicated insights, strategy, data and analytics, digital and content and creative teams, MWWPR’s expertise spans Consumer Lifestyle Marketing, Corporate Communications and Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Issues & Crisis Management, LGBTQ, Technology, Sports & Entertainment, B2B, Food & Beverage and Health & Wellness. In 2018, MWWPR was named Independent Public Relations Consultancy of the Year for Americas by the International Communications Consultancy Organization (ICCO).
To learn more about MWWPR, visit https://www.mww.com or follow us on social @MWW_PR.