- Publication / Company Name: Remedy Health Media
- Location: New York, NY
Public Relations Director, Remedy Health Media
Reports to: VP Marketing-Sales 50% (B2B) and EVP Audience and Brand Development 50% (B2C)
Essential Job Functions:
Remedy Health Media is one of America’s fastest growing health information and technology companies. The company was featured in Crain’s Fast 50 list, has been recognized as the 2014 Media Brand of the Year by MM&M and much more. Our mission is to help hundreds of millions of patients and caregivers live healthier, more fulfilled lives.
Remedy’s brands include: HealthCentral, HealthCentral Guides, BerkeleyWellness, and additional condition-specific brands such as: TheBody, TheBodyPRO, Psycom, OnTrack Diabetes, EndocrineWeb, Practical Pain Management, and SpineUniverse. The ideal candidate is currently in a Mid-Senior level role and ready to move up to the Director level.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining corporate Remedy’s, as well as each of the company’s brand’s external visibility, reputation and credibility through strategic communications planning and media relations to both B2C and B2B audiences through traditional media, new media, public relations campaigns, internal communications and strategic relationships.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Strategically plan, develop and implement PR strategies to promote Remedy brands, programs, products, content, leadership team, and events to the media.
- Working closely with the editorial and marketing-sales teams to develop a PR planning calendar on a quarterly basis outlining key press opportunities, with an accompanying outreach strategy, pitch angles/ideas, product and content promotion, across consumer/B2C, news and B2B trade media (via various types of media outlets digital, print and broadcast)
- Manage proactive media outreach on an ongoing basis, and when necessary be reactive to inbound requests
- Build and maintain relationships with key B2B and B2C media outlets, reporters, and journalists
- Write and target distribution of press releases and external announcements
- Manage tools for media and public relations distribution, research, and monitoring
- Monitor the external health/life science landscape and report interesting insights, trends, and opportunities, including continuously researching Remedy’s competitive set in areas such as marketing, products, events, thought leadership initiatives, sponsorships, PR, involvement with industry experts, patients, medical experts, non-profit associations, etc.
- Manage the company’s news summary and media lists and distribute to the marketing-sales team and editorial leadership on a daily basis.
- Work with the marketing-sales and editorial teams to identify and submit Remedy brands, products, and personnel to awards programs throughout the year
- Support the marketing-sales team in developing, promoting, and executing client-facing events/event series, such as inspirational, thought-provoking events, key sponsorships, speaking positions, etc.
- Develop Remedy’s B2B social outreach calendar; amplify Remedy’s social outreach by supervising and directing the marketing coordinator’s efforts to include employee events, new hire announcements, new product promotions, thought-leadership initiatives, and editorial programs/initiatives, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with a PR agency or in-house team preferably in the health/wellness category
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills and has an established deep network and relationships with mass consumer media outlets (B2C) as well as health industry/advertising trade media (B2B) outlets
- Experience leveraging relationship and contacts to book editors, executives, and talent on various TV and other media outlets
- Proven track record representing brands and securing impactful media coverage
- Ability to conceive, articulate and execute cohesive and effective B2C and B2B PR strategies
- Strong research, verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with PR reporting software and media database tools
- High self-motivation, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
We have an Equal Opportunity Workplace
Remedy Health Media is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Application instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application and write “PR DIRECTOR” in the subject line. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Benefits: full benefits
- Hourly Rate/Salary: competitive
- Job Application Contact Name: Chandra Turner
- Job Application Contact Email: email@example.com