Social Media Strategist
Newark, NJ, US
JOB CATEGORY: Marketing
REQUISITION NUMBER: 249627 APPLY HERE
Attention Eric Minvielle, Vice President, People & Organization
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there is more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because its never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. Its about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. Its about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means well all be a little better off. Its that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the worlds best-loved brands: M&Ms, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BENS, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Social Media Strategist will become the voice, coordination, engagement & activity manager of multiple MWCs brands on social media. The role will oversee and manage the social media content strategy, copywriting and engagement/community management strategy for one of MWC North Americas brands within the MWC Media & Digital department.
- Manage brands existing social communities
- Expand brands North American social presence and strategy across relevant platforms (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
- Deliver a consistent social media voice, and on-brand copywriting, that uniquely speaks to each social audience, targeting Millennial and Gen Z generations
- Collaborate with the Brand team, internal parties (Corporate Affairs, Media, Legal, Shopper Marketing) and all external agencies (Media, PR, Creative, Consumer Promotions) on establishing & maintaining the brands social media and engagement calendar to ensure cross-activity alignment
- Coordinate monthly and weekly social content productions with the brands Social Content Creator
- Define and implement real-time activations via daily monitoring of consumer conversations, social trends, influencers and the competition
- Define and implement a reactive fan engagement and social influencer strategy, including UGC, advocacy and fan surprise and delight initiatives
- Define and implement reactive fan dialogue and moderation strategy, featuring an active consumer care response plan
- Work with agencies on the recommended paid social media content and social influencer strategies
- Track, analyze and report on weekly and monthly performance across channels
Please note that a key feature of this role is to work in active collaboration with a variety of teams: internal (Brand, Corporate Affairs, Media, and Shopper Marketing teams) and external partners (Media, PR, Creative agencies, etc.) on coordination, activity planning, content production, approvals, moderation, crisis management, consumer service, tent pole events.
- Bachelors Degree is required
- 3+ years Social Media Community Management experience at brand or agency
- National CPG Brand experience highly preferred
- Editorial content and copywriting background preferred
- Solid experience using social listening and social analytics tools, interpreting the data and communicating it out user-friendly
- Fluent Spanish is a plus
- Truly passionate about social media, with an existing social presence
- Fiercely passionate about all things pop culture (even better with a particular interest for music!)
- Real fan of the Mars Wrigley Confectionery brands, with a strong desire to translate that passion on social and become the brands fiercest evangelist and advocate.
- Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and under tight deadlines in an occasionally non-traditional work schedule
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to collect, organize, track and analyze data, and translate data into clear learnings and actionable next steps
This role will be based in SoHo NYC with 3-4 trips a month working from the MWC National Office in Hackettstown, NJ. The office will be relocating to Newark, NJ. in early 2020. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Social Media, Media, Content Strategy, Marketing