Looney Advertising is a full service advertising agency that develops strategies and campaigns for its clients. We are a passionate group of people that have worked at some of the best agencies in NYC. We’ve also help market hundreds of brands across every category. We believe a small team of people can change how the world thinks.
Position Requirements/Internship Description:
Looney Advertising is looking for a Fall Intern who is eager to begin their career in the public relations/social media space. Looney is looking for someone who is determined to work hard while having the creative freedom to bring new ideas to the agency and its clients.
The Public Relations/Social Media intern will assist the social media specialist in day-to-day execution of social media, creation of social campaigns for our clients, and content writing for Looney Advertising’s blog. The PR/Social Media intern will gain more knowledge in social media marketing and how to effectively analyze campaign results as well as strategy writing and execution of social campaigns. This internship will give students the ability to apply their knowledge of public relations and social media marketing to real, client facing work.
We are looking for someone who has a foundation of public relations and social media marketing, but is looking to learn more and grow in their career. The Public Relations/Social Media intern should be able to multitask, work under tight deadlines, and manage multiple client requests at a time.
– Blog writing/content creation
– Scheduling social media calendars for Looney and its clients
– Working alongside the social media specialist in curating posts as well as writing press releases for news within the agency
– Coming up with innovative ideas to build the Looney brand within the social media space
– Managing social platforms through Hootsuite
– Sending press releases through Meltwater
– Communications/Marketing Majors (preferably Public Relations focus)
– Some professional social media experience preferred
– Basic understanding of social media platforms
– Positive attitude
– Ability to work under pressure
– Some experience with InDesign, Photoshop, or the like is preferred but not required
– Two writing samples
$10.00/hr plus college credits
Cover letter/resume/references/ two writing samples
Deadline to apply : August 10th