Manager, Internal Communications
Parsippany, NJ, US
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Internal Communications to join our team at the Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Waylocation in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for developing communications to help enhance employee engagement and keep team members informed about company initiatives. The successful candidate will be able to work independently to serve as a key contributor for the writing and development of global internal company communication vehicles. The role requires the ability to grasp company and industry concepts; think strategically about message dissemination; and develop complex messages concisely and in an expertly written fashion. Individual must be able to work closely with company executives and business partners across the organization.
- Oversight of global internal communications campaigns, projects and deliverables including strategy, message development and implementation
- Identify and execute against company and department goals, strategies and business requirements
- Provide strategic and tactical direction and oversight to internal key stakeholders
- Collaborate with business partners across company to ensure effectiveness and consistency of internal communication messaging to all team members; work with business partners to develop and executive comprehensive communications plans as appropriate
- Lead content for global intranet website and other digital channels; Assist in improvement and overall site enhancements, as needed
- Research, write and produce a variety of print and electronic media in support of communication activities including digital content, videos, executive communications, presentations, memos, feature articles
- Partner with social media team to share and celebrate internal company stories
- Manage and deliver other projects and duties as assigned
- Travel to corporate office locations and brand/company events for support and/or as development opportunity as warranted
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations–related field
- Five to ten years of communications / writing experience
- Ability to utilize the Associated Press (A.P.) writing style
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a complex/matrixed organization preferred
- Ability to handle and troubleshoot requests and challenges
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal skills; able to clearly communicate ideas and concerns
- Sense of urgency about deadlines; ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to track processes and plans from origination to completion
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency, and an ability to grasp new technology
- Interest in technology and tools used for distribution of communications
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills, as well as some ability to manipulate graphics for flyers, etc.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany – 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time