Title: Intern – Publicity (Unpaid – For College Credit)
Location: New York, NY
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world’s preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment—with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world’s most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Yoenis Cespedes, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, a Live Nation joint venture, is looking for a highly motivated, organized and enthusiastic individual, who is interested in learning more about the live entertainment and music industries. This internship will allow students to gain first-hand, experience in a variety of areas, with a focus on Public Relations (PR)/Publicity.
Areas that you will be learning about as a Publicity Intern:
- How to write press releases & media alerts
- Skills related to Public Relations
- How to pitch artists to press and secure media placements
- How to manage / create media lists
- Organizational skills
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Brainstorming out-of-the-box ideas for creative campaigns
- Skills related to planning, developing, and executing PR plans
- Must be current student, enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s program at an accredited college or university
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit from their college or university for the duration of the internship
- Background in Communications, Public Relations, and/or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Goggle Documents
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train
- Familiarity with Keynote/PowerPoint, but we will also train
This internship is available for the general Summer semester. This is a non-paid internship, with flexible hours (minimum of 16 hours per week) to reflect your necessary college credit requirements.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.