NYC & Company, New York City’s official destination marketing organization and convention & visitors bureau, is seeking a Communications Intern for the Summer 2019 session to support domestic and international public relations efforts.
As a member of the press team at NYC & Company, this individual will be tasked with promoting the five boroughs as a travel destination and with generating and reporting on earned media for: the company, its marketing programs, its membership and the destination as a whole.
Through our various departmental functions, this person will help NYC & Company spread the positive image of New York City to media across America and the world, through collaboration with 17 international offices reaching 28 global markets.
Our ideal candidate is a versatile self-starter with in-house or agency internship experience. A prospective intern would possess strong interest in the travel industry and would preferably be studying hospitality and/or communications.
Intern responsibilities include-
- Media Monitoring:
- Compiling and distributing daily press clips inclusive of industry updates, City-specific developments and company-earned coverage.
- Internal and External Communications:
- Uploading earned media into the internal portal accessed by approximately 2,000 members of the organization.
- Curating and uploading earned media of interest to visitors to the business-to-business, press portion of the website.
- Reactive responses to media enquiries via the press line and department inbox.
- Writing and Research:
- Drafting media alerts, story ideas and press releases as relevant
- Assisting with various functions of the busy, globally renowned press department
Students applying for this internship must have:
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Good phone etiquette
- Profound interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Experience or interest in communications, public relations, and tourism/hospitality
- Availability to work 25-40 hours per week
** Position for credit or compensation. Travel stipend provided.**
For more information and to submit a cover letter and resume by May 1, 2019, please email:
Britt Hijkoop, Director Public Relations -International at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alyssa Schmid, Director Public Relations – Domestic at email@example.com