101 Greenwich – New York, NY
We are looking for an intern to join a small, collaborative Communications team at ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world whose brands include Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico. As Communications intern, you will engage in all aspects of communications from internal communications, content development, employee engagement, proofreading/editing, and analytics. You will have the opportunity to engage with other units such as Marketing and Work Life and Culture, while being exposed to the inner workings of a non-profit engaged with the academic and scholarly communities. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for learning, who is also team-oriented, and dedicated to becoming a Communications professional. As Communications Intern, you will report to the Associate Director, Communications.
This is a paid part-time internship based in New York City that runs May 2019 through August 2019, with the possibility of extending through to the Fall 2019. The work schedule is approximately 20-25 hours a week.
You will play an important role in ensuring we are improving and enhancing employee engagement across our services:
- Assist with preparing content for our bi-weekly newsletter;
- Update and assist with proofing/editing content on our organizational intranet, Inside ITHAKA and team page on the Wiki;
- Post write-ups to our internal blog site on our intranet;
- Edit and proofread various communications as needed;
- Pull metrics reports from our analytics programs (Act On, Bananatag, Google Analytics, GoToMeeting);
- Update metrics tracking spreadsheet monthly;
- Outline and prepare surveys working with Associate Director to do so;
- Collaborate with Associate Director to schedule organization-wide meetings and send out the meeting invites in Outlook;
- Ensure that the events calendar is up to date with monthly meetings;
- Prepare documentation of team processes and workflows;
- Engage with other teams while working on special projects as directed.
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Work for ITHAKA
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and hourly wage requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.
- Keen interest in the areas of Communications, Marketing, Non-profit management, or a related field; current pursuit of a degree in these fields is a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- A focus in the areas of internal communications and employee engagement.
- Strong interest in (and, ideally, some familiarity with) learning different types of technology including Bananatag, Act On, GoToMeeting, Confluence (Wiki), Photoshop, and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly effective in collaborative environments.
- Superior time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, process orientation, and organizational skills.
- Able to work with a team or independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Working knowledge or experience with Adobe products: Acrobat, Photoshop, Premier Pro.
- Friendly and positive disposition;
- Collaborative work ethic;
- Flexible, adaptable, and open-minded;
- Nimble and continuous learner interested in Communications;
- Interest in and support of education and academia.