PR Media Relations Account Executive: Nonprofit, Health and Social Causes—Fun, Collaborative Team
Top NYC boutique PR firm has an immediate opening for an Account Executive working on nationally recognized non-profit health/wellness and social good accounts. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized team player with a solid foundation in PR—a bright, young practitioner who loves media relations, is a great relationship builder and eager for accelerated professional growth.
Candidates must have excellent writing and story development skills, be an experienced media pitcher, and have contributed to the development of PR plans and media strategy documents. Attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple accounts and tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential.
Our agency has enjoyed rapid expansion and success in the last several years and has been ranked as one of the top firms in the country by PR Week, O’Dwyer’s and The Holmes Report. We’re looking for a serious player eager to help us continue this exciting growth. Generous compensation and full benefits provided, including health insurance and 401k. Information about the company is available at www.kingcompr.com.
· Handle multiple media relations assignments and participate in team brainstorms
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key members of the media
· Write and edit various communications materials, including press releases, talking points, bios, FAQs, media pitches, byline articles and related items
· Work closely with senior team members to create and execute strategic planning
· Participate in ongoing client calls, attend in-person meetings and staff recurring events and media segments
· Contribute to daily monitoring of news/trends/ issues relevant to clients and the broader landscape
Essential Candidate Qualities:
Our ideal candidate is passionate, resourceful, tenacious and loves to pitch media. We’re looking for someone who has a solid understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR tactics and is familiar with the media landscape. King + Company is a great place to grow, hone skills quickly, and build lasting relationships with great clients and colleagues.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. Journalism, Public Relations and Communications, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience in communications/public relations; agency, non-profit or advocacy experience with healthcare or pharmaceutical industry preferred. INTERNSHIPS COUNT!
- Excellent writing skills, experience crafting pitches, releases, contributed articles
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to drive and consistently meet deadlines
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools
- A self-starter and team player who can work with various personality types and manage multiple projects
- Relationships with regional & national consumer, lifestyle, health and nonprofit press is helpful
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media landscape
- Interest in working with both nonprofit and health-focused accounts
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of humor!
Qualified candidates please submit resume, cover letter and 2-3 samples of work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
72 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, New York 10016