Account Supervisor/Director, Corporate Communications – Real Estate (New York, NY or Norwalk, CT)
ICR, a leading corporate communications firm, is seeking an Account Supervisor/Director to join its Real Estate team. The Account Supervisor/Director will work closely with senior team members to provide critical communications and media relations support to the firm’s diverse roster of real estate accounts. This individual will be responsible for driving execution for multiple clients and working in tandem with colleagues to develop and execute strategic communication plans that advance client business objectives, influence public opinion and enhance corporate reputation.
The ideal Account Supervisor/Director should be passionate about the real estate industry, with a track record of success generating consistent crossover print, broadcast and digital media exposure. The candidate should also be committed to supporting the rapid growth of ICR’s Real Estate practice, driving client success through proactivity, creative problem solving, teamwork and a relentless desire to deliver outstanding results.
The Account Supervisor/Director will appreciate ICR’s entrepreneurial culture and take advantage of the many resources and opportunities to advance their professional development while contributing to the firm’s ongoing success. Being actively involved in the day-to-day activities required to advance clients’ communications objectives, specifically proactive media outreach, is of paramount importance. Previous real estate experience is required to be considered for the Account Supervisor/Director position.
· Day-to-day account management and supervision of activities based on agreed-upon PR plans
· Drive execution of communication strategies, including proactive pitching of relevant media
· Play an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs
· Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving media outreach plans
· Write press releases, pitch letters, bylined articles, internal communications, media statements and business plans
· Develop mutually beneficial relationships with current and potential clients and members of the press
· Understand clients’ overall objectives and effectively communicate with stakeholders about their businesses and industries, as well as the issues that directly and indirectly affect them
· Manage several accounts with a positive and proactive attitude
· Coordinate closely with account teams and other agency groups – including investor relations and digital branding – on client assignments and projects
· Support a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
· Involvement with new business efforts, including playing an active role in the research and development of pitch and proposal materials
· 4 to 7 years’ experience at a PR agency or real estate company, showing proven editorial placements in relevant media
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage clients and accounts
· Ability to take initiative, proactively taking on client work and anticipating client needs
· Strong media contacts and excellent writing skills
· Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
· Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-reliant, strong attention to detail, results-oriented, collaborative
· Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
· Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
· Social media savvy is a plus
· B.A./B.S. in public relations, marketing, business communications or related field preferred but not required
More details and opportunities HERE Check out the opportunities!!
Apply to WPU Alum! Megan Kivlehan: Megan.Kivlehan@icrinc.com