At the NBA, we’re passionate about growingand celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Position Summary :
What drives your passion for gaming & esports? How would you grow the NBA 2K League brand through digital & social channels?
If you can answer these questions, we want to hear from you.This position is part of the NBA Emerging Media group which focuses on identifying, crafting, distributing and publishing content for the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms.
As the demand for content on the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast-
paced, creative and collaborative environment. This is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office.
Major Responsibility :
- You will identify elements and potential storylines from the NBA 2K League’s live games and tentpole events throughout the season from the league’s Content Command Center (including nights and weekends) for specific use on digital & social platforms
- You will craft content for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- You will curate and publish video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- You will provide on-site coverage of games & events, when needed, from an editorial & social perspective
- Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA 2K League social and digital platforms
- Actively participate in content planning for the NBA 2K League’s social and digital platforms
- Actively participate in league meetings to better understand how content can best support multiple business objectives
Required Skills / Knowledge :
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about esports, the NBA 2K League & gaming hardware Knowledge of the Twitch streaming platform
- You have knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production / editing or video content production Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- You have basic knowledge of Content Management Systems, including WordPress Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently, and as part of a team
- This position will require occasional travel
- Experience with live stream suites, preference on XSplit and OBS Strong knowledge of internet and web technology fundamentals
- You have managed social accounts or social activations on behalf of a brand (can include college) You have professional examples of live event coverage for multiple social platforms (can include college)
- You have written for a third-party destination (not your own site) and have editorial samples to share You understand social analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- You have experience working on deadline
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.