Job Description: PR Associate – Real Estate
Industry: Public Relations
Job Duration: Full Time
Job Location: Norwalk, CT, or New York
ICR, a leading strategic communications firm, seeks a highly motivated, team-oriented and intellectually curious Associate to join its Real Estate team in Norwalk, CT or New York. This role involves supporting a diverse range of high-profile real estate clients and provides exceptional professional development opportunities for self-driven individuals.
The Associate will work closely with the firm’s senior executives to service existing clients and grow the practice group. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, client and industry research and reporting, drafting communication materials, engaging with the media, and assisting with new business development. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to learn and develop skills specific to the real estate industry, as well as cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with the media that cover this dynamic space.
The Associate is expected to generate consistent, high-quality crossover print, broadcast and digital media exposure. Creativity, problem solving skills and a relentless desire to deliver outstanding results are key. Importantly, any qualified candidate must have strong writing skills, a familiarity with content development and be comfortable pitching stories via phone and email.
The successful candidate will appreciate ICR’s entrepreneurial culture and take advantage of the many resources and opportunities to advance their career while contributing to the firm’s ongoing success. Previous agency experience is desired, but not required, to be considered for this position.
· General account support
· Compiling daily media monitoring reports
· Conducting company research/supporting new business efforts
· Media relations activities, including maintaining knowledge and understanding of the media that cover the real estate industry
· Press release development and other writing responsibilities
· Maintain an understanding of clients’ businesses, industries and issues that directly and indirectly affect those clients
· Work across several accounts with a positive and proactive attitude
· Strong writing ability
· Organizational skills
· Good client/people skills
· Ability to handle multiple assignments
· An interest in working with real estate, financial and professional services companies
· Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
· Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
· Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
· Social media savvy is a plus