Communication Studies, Marketing Intern Needed for North Jersey Chamber of Commerce (Totowa, NJ)
The North Jersey Chamber of Commerce (NJCC) is a small, non-profit business organization focused on providing its members with substantial opportunities to GROW their business, SAVE money on products and services, and CONNECT them with thousands of business professionals throughout the year. Our roots go back over 100 years, but we pride ourselves on being a forward thinking, pro-active, and modern business organization with a PAY-IT-FORWARD mindset.
NJCC is seeking an outstanding intern who will partake the opportunity to learn about the sphere of marketing ranging from networking, social media, internal and external marketing to relationship building for small businesses, while increasing company branding and profitability.
The ideal intern must possess the “whatever it takes” attitude and motivational mindset. Position is an unpaid for credit intern. Flexible and willing to work with accredited university/institute to receive appropriate academic credits.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist with social media engagement such as Facebook and Instagram daily
- Monitor social media web analytics on a weekly basis
- Engage in brainstorming marketing ideas in to assist in designing materials including unique social media postings, networking event flyers and website content
- Create and distribute weekly e-mail blasts via Constant Contact
- Assist in event planning for various member events monthly
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and proficient with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms
- Knowledge and proficient with Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Photoshop or creative design program
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Perks and bonuses:
- complimentary admission to over 70 events a year
- one on one introduction to businesses throughout Northern NJ allowing to build one’s very own networking community for after graduation
- ability to take one’s creative mind and apply to marketing strategies to drive & maintain membership
Interested? Please submit an updated resume, along with a statement of 150-200 characters stating why you are the perfect intern and how this opportunity can assist in your professional development to email@example.com.