HBO Freelance Production Coordinator, Digital & Social
HBO United States – New York – New York
Creative, Digital/Interactive Media, Entertainment, Production/Post-Production, Project/Program Management
Requisition # 166672BR
Industry Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Film Production and Distribution, Television Program Production and Distribution
The HBO Digital Production Coordinator (Freelance) works within our Digital & Social Media Production Team to help manage all aspects of asset tracking and delivery for marketing campaigns, with particular focus on video/photo/text elements used across User Acquisition/Retention tactics related to HBO NOW and GO.
Examples of the types of digital marketing activations this role will be expected to support include, but are not limited to: asset coordination and publishing support for email marketing campaigns, push notifications, in-app messages, custom built landing pages, multivariate tests, digital storefront assets (e.g. Apple/Google/Amazon app stores, etc), as well as ongoing support of new systems and creative as needed.
The Production Coordinator will follow the Producer’s lead to ensure all factors that govern project success deliver within time, cost and quality parameters.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESOversee asset tracking and delivery supporting HBO Digital Marketing campaigns, with special focus around Acquisition, Retention and Marketing Technology. Successfully manage each project by:
- Leading asset delivery workflows across internal stakeholders (Design, Editorial, Acquisition, Retention, etc)
- Creating and managing asset production schedules via appropriate project management applications (AirTable) or self-made production charts (Excel, Google Sheets, etc)
- Documenting each stage of digital campaign development via appropriate ticketing systems (Asana, JIRA)
- Improving existing workflows wherever possible to improve efficiency between teams
- Obtaining both internal and external approvals on assets (HBO Legal, Digital Products, etc)
- Assisting in the discussion to improve content promotion based on fan interest, traffic stats, trends, etc.
- Reviewing all deliverables for quality assurance
The ideal candidate follows the latest digital trends and has a deep understanding of emerging technologies as well as digital marketing best practices. They possess the ability to employ these digital tools as a means to translate digital marketing strategy into tactical production plans and execute accordingly.
Other requirements as follows:
- Experienced at asset tracking for high quality digital activations with at least 2 years relevant experience. Experience in email marketing/push messaging a plus.
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items/projects to closure), accountable, enthusiastic, able to follow detailed instructions from Producer team.
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions and manage multiple projects successfully.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and influence-management skills essential; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
Insider PR109, Lorra Brown contact: Wayne.LaForme@hbo.com
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.