Account Coordinator, ConsumerLocationUS-NY-New York
- Job ID 2916
MWWPR is one of the world’s top independent public relations agencies with a global network of eight offices across the US and Europe. A full-service firm that approaches communications without the boundaries of expected thinking, MWWPR’s expertise spans Consumer Brands, Technology, Corporate Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Crisis Communications, Sports and Entertainment, Diversity, LGBT and Wellness & Nutrition.
With dedicated insights, strategy, data and analytics, social media and creative teams, MWWPR ensures that clients Matter More™ to the stakeholders who matter most. MWWPR’s Matter More™ approach has been recognized by numerous, top industry awards. In 2015, MWWPR was honored with a gold at the American Business Awards for “Company of the Year,” and 2014 accolades include the Global SABRE Award, “PR Agency of the Year” and “Company of the Year” by the International Business Awards, as well as “Top Places to Work in PR.”
We are: Smart. Authentic. Entrepreneurial. Fearless.
We’re a team of independent thinkers and doers who stop at nothing for our clients. When so many awesome people come together, great things happen. Not just for our clients, but for us as well. Associates become Vice Presidents. Ideas become trademarks. And work feels like anything but.
At MWWPR, you’ll experience what matters more, both personally and professionally. No one could blame us for loving where we work. Because in a culture like ours, anything is possible.
What We Need
MWWPR has an exciting opportunity for an Account Coordinator on the Consumer Lifestyle Marketing team in our New York City office.
What Is Included (Primary Responsibilities)
- Serve as liaison between clients, vendors, and agency departments to coordinate efficient and timely processing of materials
- Schedule and coordinate client meetings; keep participants advised of changes; set up/break down as needed
- Proofread internal and client documents for accuracy and quality
- Interact with client as deemed necessary by account team leader
- Conduct media monitoring and analysis and prepare reports for distribution to client(s), as necessary
- Develop and maintain media/press contact lists and databases, updating regularly and mining for new contacts
- Research and maintain speaking/editorial opportunities lists and calendars
- Scan daily, weekly, monthly and online publications to identify and flag client-relevant media coverage and contacts, including competitive market and industry information; clip and track placements as necessary
- Begin to build relationships with relevant journalists and influencers
- Draft press releases, pitch letters, etc.; conduct background research and prepare briefing memos/documents for client interviews/media opportunities
- Participate in logistical operations of special events planning and coordination
- Coordinate and distribute press materials, press kits and mass mailings for account teams
- Perform ad hoc account management tasks as assigned
What You Have to Have (Education and Experience Requirements)
- 1 year of experience serving in a full-time role either in a public relations agency or the communications department of a company in a relevant industry
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, a related field or in the liberal arts
- Experience working with or a passion for food brands is a plus!
- Superior oral and written communication skills; proofreading and editing ability
- Entry level understanding of media writing and media relations (story pitching, writing releases and bylines, ability to find creative angles)
- Maintain a professional, client-ready demeanor and presence; keep a high standard of etiquette in all communications and interactions
- Demonstrate an understanding of and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media)
- Strong time management skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Cision (or related PR software)
- Ability to travel as necessary contingent on client and new business needs (requirements vary)
Success Factors and Other Details
- Avid consumer of business and consumer lifestyle news and media
- Maintain a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and industries; become an expert on clients’ products and services; demonstrate these products to media
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and proactively; exhibit a facility for problem solving and close attention to detail
- Desire to pursue knowledge and professional development
- Participate in agency development by working collaboratively across all practice areas
- Cultivate and exhibit strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and manage time in an organized manner while ensuring deadlines are met
- Consistently strive for personal excellence with both client deliverables and within your team, enabling MWWPR to maintain competitive advantage by providing exceptional value and service
MWWPR is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.
Want to work for us?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Star WPUNJ alumns insider tip:
EVP, CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER email@example.com