Are you passionate about corporate communications, giving and volunteerism, and excited about informing and engaging colleagues for a well-known consumer brand?
Macy’s is currently seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications, Community Events and Employee Engagement. This manager will support New York communications, and lead community events, cultural initiatives and activities for our New York City offices. All bringing to life Macy’s culture of giving back.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated experience in managing communications programs and events. They must be customer-service oriented, an assertive and progressive thinker, and an inclusive collaborator with strong executive presence and the ability to motivate and influence senior leaders.
This role will report to the Director, Corporate Communications, working closely with the national Giving team, and join a team of existing and new talent all working together to build strong communications, giving and volunteerism functions at Macy’s. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage all elements of New York-based employee volunteerism, including management of communications, volunteer recruitment, event logistics/administrative tasks and reporting of volunteer time.
- Serve as community relations resource for internal departments that wish to drive team engagement through positive volunteer experiences; serve as liaison with local non-profit organizations to determine and coordinate volunteer projects.
- Leverage the giving and volunteer platform (Benevity) to increase colleague engagement for New York-based events.
- Identify, track and measure the impact of our programs on the New York area, in partnership with the Giving & Volunteerism team.
- Maintain and develop collaborative relationships with non-profit partners in New York.
- Manage and support other office-specific fundraisers, programs and events, as needed, and serve as a go-to resource for logistical and programmatic needs in New York.
- Manage vendor relationships, expenses and budget.
- Act as communications consultant to internal partners on how to best utilize communications vehicles, engage various parts of the organization, and align communications to other stakeholders.
- Ensure communications are consistent in tone, messaging, look and feel, and programs are aligned to the strategic and cultural aspects of the business.
- Create content for external corporate social channels (LinkedIn, corporate Twitter).
- Support functional communications initiatives and contribute local stories for company-wide publications, as needed.
- Partner with New York colleagues to build a “one campus” feel for our multiple New York City locations.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in communications-related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing internal communications.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Office 365 and other software programs.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong events management and execution experience.
- Passion for giving back to the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret instruction documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to easily build relationships and credibility.
- Ability to drive corporate initiatives across multiple locations.
- Digitally proficient and passionate about using these skills for corporate communications.
- Strong project manager with advanced writing and presentation design skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles
- Ability to manage budget and time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
Strong personal impact with the ability to easily build relationships and credibility across all levels.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 30 pounds.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple requests in a timely manner.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in providing communication and consultancy support.
- Must be self-motivated and outcome oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Some regional travel required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Work your magic.
Join our team.
Reporting to: Jill Surdyka, Director, Corporate Communications, Macy’s