Paterson Public Schools is the third largest school district in New Jersey with over 28,000 students from pre-k through grade 12. The district’s mission is to prepare all children for college and career…together we can! For more information, visit www.paterson.k12.nj.us.
Applicants should apply to:
Communications Intern Job Description
We are currently seeking an intern (summer and/or fall 2018) who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute to our critical Communications team. The Communications intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the education and communications fields. Our team manages the district’s internal and external communications including media relations, social media, website, event management and marketing collateral (brochures, flyers, etc.). The intern will provide concrete deliverables, and learn about communications from an award-winning public relations professional. As this is not a paid internship, we are confident that the chosen intern will receive excellent on-the-job training, build their professional resume, and hopefully earn work credits from their respective college/university.
- Fully supporting and implementing district’s Communications plan
- Recommending new ideas to enhance district’s social media platform
- Assist in writing and distribution of weekly newsletter
- Communicating and building relationships with district staff
- Assist in administrative duties including preparation of daily newsfeed sent to district leadership
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Passion for the Communications/Public Relations industry
- Solid understanding of the different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Detail-oriented and strong organization skills
- Current enrollment in BS or Masters university/college in a related field of study
- If selected, district requirements include background checks/fingerprinting – which will be reimbursed upon clearance.