PART-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN/FREELANCER
This is a part-time position that will be responsible for the production of a wide range of electronic and printed marketing materials. This position requires technical knowledge of The Adobe Creative Suite. The primary function of this position will be to assist the Art Director and Chief Creative Officer with production design, resizes and edits. However, this position will participate in ideation and concepting. These projects could include logo and branding studies, creative campaigns, advertising and web design. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone pursuing a career as a professional creative. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of the process and to build portfolio samples.
This position would be a good fit for a designer who has undergraduate experience in courses related to graphic design, advertising, marketing or communications design.
Skills And Qualifications
• Must be comfortable working in The Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong design skills with an understanding of layout and composition
• Must have a strong understanding of typography
• Must have a basic understanding of web design
• Must have a design portfolio that clearly demonstrates skill set in various mediums
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to our location in Mahwah, NJ
Not Required, But Nice
• Photoshop retouching experience
• Experience in fine art, drawing, painting, sculpture, photography
• Experience in pre-production file preparation
What you will get out of it
• Hands-on training with high-level creative professionals
• Real world exposure to the processes and environment of a marketing agency
• Working with a friendly, dynamic marketing team
To be considered for this position please submit a resume, cover letter and work samples. Work samples can be emailed as a pdf or supplied as a link to an online portfolio. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates who do not submit work samples will not be considered.
Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com.
The DSM GROUP is a full-service marketing, advertising and public relations agency in northern NJ. https://www.thedsmgroup.com/