Public Relations Associate
Healthcare Practice NYC, Chicago or DC
Healthcare Practice at Burson-Marsteller
Want to be at the forefront of Healthcare PR? From “first-in-class” medical devices to drug therapies that are changing and saving lives, Burson-Marsteller’s Healthcare Practice supports clients with products on the cutting edge of science and medicine. Our practice is growing and looking for qualified candidates to join our award-winning team. If you want to learn and grow with a group of creative, strategic and passionate professionals, we’d like to meet you.
Public Relations Entry-Level to Associate, Healthcare – NYC, Chicago or DC
We are seeking healthcare public relations professionals from entry-level to 3+ years of experience to work on our major accounts. This will be a fully integrated communications effort with a mix of regulatory/data milestones, patient story promotion and consumer-focused and healthcare professional focused campaigns.
Responsibilities include :
· Taking complex information and translating highly technical materials into concise communication; media relations materials to include pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets & bios.
· Tracking clinical studies of the client’s competitors; analyzing client impact.
· Developing pitches and working with targeted media on story development.
· Program execution and daily client service.
· Handling media relations activities that might include list building and maintenance, media monitoring, and scanning media to identify opportunities for clients.
· Researching and monitoring client’s business and industry to maintain knowledge base.
· Assisting in the research and preparation for new business pitches.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of public relations experience for associate level
· FDA milestone OR data publication experience (pharma and/or device) for associate level
· Science reading/writing – can translate technical data and results into ‘plain English’
· Highly organized and self-motivated, able to manage multiple work streams on tight deadlines.
· Onsite support at major events/medical meetings or congresses
· Interest in working on a medical device in the neurovascular space
· Experience on consumer campaigns
· Experience in HCP outreach
Around the world, the people who make up Burson-Marsteller are committed to helping our clients – whether companies, organizations or governments – succeed in Being More. Our commitment is driven by our belief that the most successful organizations are guided by a clear sense of purpose – a distinct and powerful world view that shapes their business, guides their actions and ultimately determines their reputation and success.
Burson-Marsteller was one of the original innovative leaders in strategic, integrated approaches to communications, a force for change in public relations, marketing and other ways to reach key audiences. We have remained a leader ever since. Today this leadership is stronger than ever, as integrated communications continues to define what we mean by Burson-Marsteller, Being More. The power, speed and methods of communications are changing fast. But the core principles of integrated strategic communications and implementation on which Harold Burson and Bill Marsteller founded our firm more than 60 years ago have not changed. Burson-Marsteller, Being More means being more confident in our ability to communicate with more people, in more places, with bigger ideas, through constantly changing communications channels and with more impact.
SEE ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES AND APPLICATION DETAILS: HERE