Winter-Spring 2018 Nonprofit and Healthcare PR Internship
About the Job:
Looking for an internship where you walk away with a knowledge greater than your manager’s latte order? If you’re a student, recent graduate, or a mid-career professional seeking a career change who is looking to gain some meaningful, real-world experience in the exciting industry of media relations, read on!
King + Company, an award-winning boutique PR and Integrated Marketing Agency, is seeking creative, proactive and professionally-minded interns to help support the growing roster of prestigious national nonprofit, health and wellness, consumer, and corporate social responsibility brands.
A Day in the Life:
- Produce daily media monitoring reports for the entire staff
- Develop targeted media lists for client announcements and press outreach
- Monitor, track, and clip press coverage
- Attend and take notes during internal and client meetings
- Draft client and public facing documents, such as agendas, recaps, pitches, and byline articles
- Conduct in-depth research projects
- Help with administrative tasks, as needed
As a Candidate, You Have:
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A demonstrated interest and/or experience in media relations or journalism
- A passion for social good and health and wellness
- The ability to multi-task and balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A team-player mindset, a can-do attitude, and a hustle to get your work done (and done well!) on time
- Some social media literacy (#preferred, but not #required)!
- A sense of humor (strongly preferred)!
Sound Like You?
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com!
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity to receive academic credit and a commitment of 15-25 hour per week. Kick off your career with clients that make you feel great about going to work – for more information about us or our A-list clients, please visit www.kingcompr.com!
72 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, New York 10016
O: (212) 561-7478 M: (973) 219-0108