SENIOR PR MANAGER
We are looking for a Senior PR Manager to drive significant awareness across the US for THE OUTNET. Your role will be to lead the US PR team comprising a Junior Press Executive, 2 Press Assistants and a PR Intern with the objective of fast tracking overall knowledge and buzz about both THE OUTNET brand and the 350 designer brands we stock, among a broad range of media, influencers and customers – particularly in the digital space. You will report into the Global Head of PR based in London.
- Assist in developing a PR strategy for the US market and drive implementation while demonstrating impact results
- Build relationships with senior media contacts in the US for coverage and ongoing opportunities on behalf of the brand
- Increase profiles for our spokespeople in the US by identifying opportunities across media outlets, conferences, and industry events. Oversee and implement the agreed approach with the Global Head of PR
- Fully prepare spokespeople for any media or event activities with Q&A, Talking Points, Current business facts and figures, Journalist information, Activity Overview. Attend all interviews or events with spokespeople.
- Leverage your network of influencer contacts for opportunities to work together via our onsite content and on the ground events
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Global Head of PR for the US market
- Management of the US PR budget with the Global Head of PR
- Provide day to day clear direction and guidance to the in house PR team to ensure all are aligned to the US and Global PR strategies and are focused on securing results
- Close liaison with the Global PR team based in London to maximise business objectives, promotion of brands on site, capsule collections, campaigns and partnership activities
- Continually research and identify opportunities for the brand in the US to ensure cut through within the industry
- Promote THE OUTNET.COM and its brands, campaigns, activities and events to the media, general public and external audiences in the US
- Monitor THE OUTNET.COM brand placement/exposure, ensuring all communication and activity are on-brand
- Develop creative ways to tell THE OUTNET.COM story and its in-house label Iris & Ink, to media and pitch feature ideas and news stories
- Ensure that THE OUTNET.COM as a brand and the designers stocked are represented correctly and consistently across all target media along with external agencies/partners
- Attend sales meetings and proactively follow sales and sell through reports each week on all brands and identify weak areas with retail and merchandising.
- Ensure that all members of the PR team are up to speed on sales activity and that all vital information is communicated to US PR agency on a weekly basis
- Monitor all daily/weekly/monthly PR activity and work with the Global Head of PR to provide targets for the US team and PR agency to work against and to provide a comparison on previous week/month/year
- Assist with administration duties regarding invoicing and payment to vendors with PR team
- Compile written responses for features and news stories and write press releases, spokespeople Q&A
- Lead projects, product launches and events and work closely with the marketing team
- Work closely with the social media team and brief on all events and product launch initiatives
- Work closely with the other business channels within THE OUTNET.COM to ensure campaigns are thoroughly planned and executed in good time
- Work closely with the buying and merchandising managers across all product categories to ensure that all product launches are communicated
- Lead photo shoots (where necessary) with PR team for the US
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proven experience operating in a senior PR position within the luxury fashion industry.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the luxury fashion industry in the digital space
- Proven commercial experience with working in a fast paced environment
- Strong senior media and influencer contacts in the US with a focus on NY, Miami and LA
- Management experience is essential
- Proven track record of creating a positive impact on business through implementation of a PR strategy
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Pro-active and able to demonstrate results against initiative/ideas to constantly promote THE OUTNET.COM offering
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong presentation & superb writing skills
- Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
- Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Location: New York, NY
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Please apply online with your CV and a supporting cover note explaining why you are suitable and interested in this opportunity.
THE OUTNET.COM is part of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP, the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.
With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and 9 distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for leading fashion & luxury brands looking to offer their latest collection on the Internet.
The Group reaches more than 3 million high-spending customers, over 27 million monthly unique visitors’ worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion, through its unique combination of multi-brand online stores, Online Flagship Stores, publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit http://www.ynap.com.