Public Relations Associate/Senior Associate Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full-Time Title will be based on experience level Description Argot Partners (www.Argotpartners.com), a rapidly-growing boutique investor relations/public relations firm serving small- to mid-cap life sciences companies, is seeking an intelligent and highly motivated professional for junior to mid-level Public Relations Associate positions.
Our rapidly growing media relations practice provides an excellent opportunity for a public relations candidate who seeks an opportunity for growth and quick advancement. An Argot Partners Public Relations Associate/Senior Associate is an intelligent and passionate communications professional with expertise in public health and/or medical issues with a sophisticated understanding of healthcare and or financial media relations and communications.
The Associate/Senior Associate is a capable project manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and client matters with a high degree of independence. Candidates who apply must be detail-oriented, resourceful, friendly, alert and organized. We are looking for someone who takes a genuine interest in our client’s business and is eager to learn about the biotech lifecycle from the pre-clinical phase through FDA approval.
The expectation is for this individual to take on increasing responsibility and grow into larger roles within the firm.
• Work collaboratively and productively with PR and IR teams, supporting senior-level members
• Develop and maintain successful relationships with key members of the media; develop target media lists; identify, pitch and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
• Support clients at media interviews, public relations events and medical/scientific conferences as needed
• Maintain day-to-day contact with the client; ensure timely delivery of projects and develop trusted advisor relationships with clients by providing strategic counsel
• Demonstrate strong writing skills across variety of materials including press releases, backgrounders, byline articles, media pitches, progress reports and web copy.
• Assist with developing strategies and tactics to leverage media for clients with variety of audiences
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge using social media and digital platforms to drive brand awareness and draft posts to generate engagement. Develop strategic social and digital recommendations and program tactics for clients.
• Prepare daily and weekly monitoring reports for clients
• Continually look to identify various communications opportunities for clients
• Interact with clients to understand needs and contribute to the development and execution of plans
• Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
• Assist in new business activities, as needed
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• 2-7 years of experience
• Prior healthcare experience in public relations agency preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have an awareness and interest in developments in the biotech sector
• Proactive, engaging personality who can work well within a team environment and across all levels of client and firm management; show initiative, produce results
• Must be an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated team player
• Ability to work on multiple projects within a fast-paced environment while adhering to strict deadlines
• Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills; keen attention to detail
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Factiva and CisionPoint proficiency a plus
• Experience with professional social media outreach and monitoring
Please forward resumes to email@example.com
WPUNJ Lorra Brown STAR alumni send your resume and cover note to
Eliza Schleifstein, Managing Director, Media, Eliza@argotpartners.com
767 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017