Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented go-getter to join our Corporate Communications team as a Coordinator. In this role, you’ll provide support for all public relations activities for Toys“R”Us, Inc., including both the Toys “R”Us and Babies“R”Us brands, working to advance the company’s business strategy, demonstrate our position as an industry leader and build confidence in the vitality of our business externally. This role reports to the Manager of Corporate Communications.
- Coordinate PR campaigns against key company initiatives, such as marketing campaigns, holiday programs, product launches, new innovations and more, by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with media contacts on an ongoing basis, increasing awareness and interest of the company’s key initiatives. Learn how to handle reactive media calls by obtaining all pertinent information and making recommendations on company response based on an understanding Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us procedures.
- Write, write, write! Use your copy writing and editing skills to craft press releases, pitches, blogs and more in the company’s voice with style and ease.
- Use your news savviness and sleuthing skills for the greater good – keep the team updated on retail and business trends, breaking news, competitor activity and interesting tidbits to ensure fast responses to media inquiries and up-to-date knowledge of current events. Also, keep tabs on key beat reporters to identify changes in coverage or new opportunities and maintain team’s media lists.
- Track and report team’s PR activities and media coverage results and recap materials for inclusion in daily news monitoring reports for executives. Help write recaps and debriefing documents for key initiatives and provide recommendations for future endeavors.
- Become fully immersed in the world of PR and Corporate Communications by supporting activities of the greater team, including internal communications, community giving and special events.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area of study
- 2-4 years of Public Relations experience, with a focus on media relations; Agency and/or corporate public relations experience preferred, specifically working with consumer brands, is a plus
- Strong organizational interpersonal skills; keen ability to prioritize multiple assignments and handle high volume detail work.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- A strong working knowledge of social media and digital platforms, plus traditional public relations tools such as Cision, PR Newswire, etc.