Support client campaigns and the agency’s Public Relations department.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive who will be responsible for supporting the Public Relations Department by providing the following services:
- Functions as a general point of contact (for clients and internally) for public relations initiatives.
- Assists in the development of strategic PR plans and campaign development — utilizing traditional, broadcast, social and digital media. Executes strategic priorities for clients.
- Identifies and secures an array of high-level media placements for clients.
- Participates in with new-client onboarding; including developing agendas for discovery and analysis meetings, taking notes of meetings and/or conference calls, coordinating media trainings, coordinating with content to deliver messaging and communicating account details to other departments (media analysis, operations, etc.).
- Develops unique story angles and timely pitches to generate consistent client exposure. Monitors, identifies and secures appropriate editorial calendar opportunities for clients.
- Develops/builds/expands effective business relationships with key media members.
- Assists internal team members and staff with other client, business development, and Company projects.
- Notifies the media analysis team of scheduled interviews and client submissions (bylines, Q&As, etc.).
- Acts as a steward of the JConnelly brand, consistently representing and reflecting the Company’s core values, approach and high standards of excellence in all client, media and public interactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
- 1-3 years of agency experience, financial services experience preferred.
- Proven results executing campaigns that leverage traditional, broadcast, social and digital media
- Successful track record in securing media placements for clients
- Experience managing multiple deadlines and a variety of projects simultaneously
In addition, we are seeking professionals who possess the following characteristics:
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Proactive mindset
- Collaborative nature
- Results driven
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic