Marketing Communications Intern Position
(May-September 2017: PT – preferably Mon, Tues and Thurs 9am-3pm)
Are you a marketing/communications major and excited to get hands on experience in the field? Are you interested in non-profits and associations where there is the opportunity to learn many facets of educational event marketing as well as fundraising? Here’s your chance to gain that knowledge to boost your resume.
Who are we?
A trade association (Deep Foundations Institute – DFI) and charitable non-profit association (DFI Educational Trust) rolled into one. We have members involved in the deep foundation construction industry who design and build the important infrastructure projects worldwide and are building contractors, civil engineers, material and equipment manufacturers and suppliers as well as government agency representatives, professors and students. We also provide scholarships to civil engineering students and grants to female professionals in our field.
What will you be doing and who will you work with?
- You’ll receive direction from the Executive Director and liaise with the Marketing Consultant
- You’ll be responsible for leveraging the DFI brand; communicating to members and the industry the Institute’s mission and activities via email marketing announcements/newsletters and social media avenues.
- You’ll be responsible for populating and maintaining the annual conference mobile app content and staying on track with the planning and launch schedule
- You’ll write and proofread for our magazine and other marketing materials
What tasks will you learn?
- Creating and distributing monthly and standalone e-Newsletters in ConstantContact using self-written content or content provided by Marketing Consultant
- Creating and distributing event and committee surveys and thank you emails using ConstantContact
- Compiling email lists I Excel of contacts for distribution of monthly e-Newsletters and announcements
- Researching on the internet for relevant industry events to be included on the industry event page of DFI website and relevant industry news for social media content
- Creation of scheduled Facebook posts and LinkedIn Group discussions plus Group membership maintenance
- Outreach to LinkedIn Contacts on behalf of Executive Director for membership solicitation
- Proofreading marketing collateral
- Creating PowerPoint Presentations for use at events during breaks and to recognize sponsors
- Populating our conference mobile app with content using Excel spreadsheets and online platform (CrowdCompass)
- Maintaining and populating Photobucket albums for events
- Compilation mailing lists for direct mail pieces for promotion of events
- Liaising with event cooperating organizations and sponsors (as needed)
- Website updates in RegOnline or internal database admin system (as needed)
- Writing magazine articles
Why are you the right person for this internship?
- You’re a strong communicator with excellent writing and editing skills and familiar with AP style
- You have a strong interest in marketing and communications
- You’re familiar with social media platforms specifically Facebook and LinkedIn
- You have an eye for visual design
- You’re a self-starter and look for ways to help and learn
- You work well with team members and enjoy collaboration
- You’re detail oriented, organized and reliable
- You’re a fast learner
- You are familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Office programs and online software
Be able to commit to a minimum 18-20 hours per week
- Be able to commute to our Hawthorne, NJ office independently
- Preferably have worked in an office atmosphere previously
- This is a paid internship
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our team.