Digital Platforms Public Relations Director
at Time Inc.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Address cover note too: Gregory Giangrande
Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Communications Officer
The Digital Platforms PR Director will work across all digital channels to ignite awareness for brands, like People, Time, and InStyle. This fast, hands-on leader will develop and execute every facet of digital PR strategy, working closely with executive, editorial and communications leadership to ensure content and messaging is being amplified and driving goals for the business.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes digital and is obsessed with all things news. They are a charismatic, energetic leader who will help solidify and grow the audience and industry’s perception of Time Inc. as a digital powerhouse.
This role will report to the Chief Communications Officer and manage a team of two.
- Lead the design of a crisp, accessible digital PR strategy for driving ongoing audience awareness
- Collaborate with each brand’s PR lead for seamless message amplification via social and campaign execution
- Create and execute highly engaging, attention-getting, digital programs around existing Time Inc. editorial moments (People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Time 100, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit), as well as new, digital-first tentpoles and franchises
- Coordinate media relations efforts with brand PR leads and have contacts to call upon top tier digital outlets, when news permits
- Work as a true partner to the editorial and content teams to ensure that the programming coming from our newsrooms is promotable, shareable, and engaging
- Align with the editorial teams when breaking news hits to ensure we’re sharing relevant content across appropriate social channels
- Drive experimentation on new digital platforms
- Understand and use the data establish digital benchmarks and targets for success that are tightly aligned with the goals of our editorial and audience development teams, and that contribute wholly to our revenue and business goals
- Help grow and develop the digital profiles of our editorial talent with the goal of increasing their influence, including effective and regular coaching of editorial partners to grow their personal followings
- Manage relationships with digital platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram to ensure that the exceptional work we do on those platforms gets appropriate attention from them and our audiences
- Proven. You have 7+ years of leadership experience in digital, preferably in media or other content-led environments, with a strong focus on news or entertainment.
- Digital. You have an established track record of developing growth strategies and leading digital audience growth via effective content creation. You’re fluent working in a CMS and all distributed platforms, and have created content for them yourself.
- Data-driven. You’re at home with analytics platforms, including Omniture, comScore, Brightcove and Chartbeat, and have deep experiences in establishing and analyzing performance metrics beyond PR impression.
- You possess a thorough knowledge of how to reach audiences via social, mobile and video, and have experience translating that knowledge into action.
- A passionate leader. You love what you do, period. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You have a relentless drive for success, and a knack for inspiring others to contribute and share in it. At the same time, you don’t lead from an ivory tower. Your trademark approach is working alongside the team, rolling up your sleeves and getting things done yourself.