Johnson & Johnson is recruiting Communication Graduate Interns for summer 2017. These full-time internship positions will be located in New Brunswick or other Johnson & Johnson facilities within the New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania area.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 250 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 127,000 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson is home to a world-class communication team, and we are currently hiring our Class of Summer 2017 – a talented group of graduate level communicators who are looking to build a career in healthcare communications. They will be fully-integrated members of our team for the duration of the internship, with opportunities to make meaningful contributions and demonstrate a real passion for communication.
Through their work, selected interns will gain an understanding of the responsibilities as well as the skills associated with healthcare communications that engage stakeholders including patients, consumers, journalists, health care professionals, researchers, policy makers and employees. Interns will gain valuable work experience in different areas across the business in one of the most innovative, diversified and admired companies in the world.
Interns will be assigned a manager depending on their placement, whether in a business unit or in one of the corporate functions.
As a Class of Summer 2017 communication intern at Johnson & Johnson, you will help build the reputation of Johnson & Johnson with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in communication activities that bring value across the company. You will help engage, align, inspire and inform our stakeholders around the world.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong ability to write and create a wide variety of content in a number of formats, such as press releases, executive communications, articles for internal and external channels, internal announcements, videos, media pitches and social media outreach. You may also participate in event planning, contribute to research for current and/or future campaigns, and translate information into insights and strategy.
You will have the opportunity to interact with Johnson & Johnson employees at all levels, and with other partner groups within Johnson & Johnson including Legal, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT as well as public relations and other agencies working on our behalf.
We are looking for self-starters who can manage projects and follow-ups with demonstrated attention to detail.
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College/University in a communications, journalism, science writing, public affairs or related graduate degree program (individuals pursuing graduate degrees in science, business administration or any healthcare-related field who have communications experience also are eligible)
- Previous work experience in a communications, public affairs, journalism or related field prior to enrolling in the graduate program (preference of at least 12 months previous work experience)
- Intent to pursue a career in communication/public affairs
- Fundamental understanding of healthcare business and challenges
- Geographic mobility for the time of the internship (approximately 10 weeks)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to synthesize and translate findings into concrete executable recommendations
- Strong digital and social media acumen
- Time and priority management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail balanced with ability to see the big picture
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values (provide hyperlink to our credo online)
- “Can do” attitude
- Curious and broad minded
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- Collaborative – Willingness to learn from others and partner with peers
- Courage to speak your voice and suggest out-of-the-box ideas
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.