The Public Relations Manager is responsible for driving consumer publicity for the Hearst Magazines Digital Media brands, including but not limited to Cosmopolitan.com, ELLE.com, Delish and Esquire.com. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations; other stakeholders include site directors, editors and the SVP of editorial operations.
The ideal candidate will be creative, strategic, social media-savvy, highly organized, able to quickly prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have a track record of generating positive results in consumer press, comfort and confidence when interacting with senior executives and solid relationships with reporters and producers. Good judgment, attention to detail, the ability to plan ahead, work efficiently and meet tight deadlines are essential.
- Generating positive media coverage for the editorial content and partnership initiatives of Hearst Magazines Digital Media brands.
- Working closely with site editors to identify promotable news, and preparing them for media opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key media across digital, print and broadcast in the lifestyle, celebrity/entertainment, fashion/beauty and tech categories.
- Conceptualizing and developing written materials, including press releases, briefing materials, pitch letters and other communications.
- Developing media lists
- Creating comprehensive coverage reports
- Managing overall brand reputation
- Pinpointing and securing speaking engagements and event opportunities for site and social editors.
- 3-5 years in-house or agency PR experience with a concentration in lifestyle
- Excellent media contacts
- Understanding of Cision database