At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting.
As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you’re encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That’s why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking Corporate Social Responsibility & Community Relations Manager to join our Public Affairs & Communications Team in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Managing all aspects of LG’s U.S. social contribution program; communicating and engaging with stakeholders and maintaining key relationships; monitoring, evaluating, and reporting program progress and key outcomes.Principal Duties & ResponsibilitiesLead corporate social responsibility (CSR) social contribution program
- Manage Corporate Social Responsibility program, implementing initiatives across community relations, employee engagement and cause marketing
- Manage external program partners and investments (non-profits, grants/giving, etc)
- Coordinate cross functional teams, driving activity to meet program goals/objectives and partnering closely with Marketing teams for cause marketing programs and deliverables
- Monitor and measure program progress to report key program metrics and support social impact outcomes
- Attend conferences and events for networking and relationship building
- Manage and track Corporate Social Responsibility program budget
- Report proactively to team members and management.
Community relations and employee engagement
- Develop and implement community outreach programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with key community stakeholders and influencers
- Coordinate and execute quality employee volunteering activities designed to engage, excite and deliver quality experiences
- Manage community events calendar, lead event planning and execution, and serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Prepare post-event analysis to develop best practices and continuous improvement for repeat participation
Performing other related duties as assigned
- Review and help prioritize incoming requests for Corporate Social Responsibility activities, sponsorships and charitable contributions
- Create/coordinate communication materials for internal/external stakeholders (newsletters, social media, etc)
- Prepare briefing materials and executive packages
- Supporting special projects and inter-department initiatives
- Coordinate meetings, draft and prepare minutes and presentation materials
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years related experience (corporate social responsibility, commu nity relations, volunteer management, corporate communications and/or marketing)
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate, creative and committed, with strong ability to lead, influence and excite
- Project and budget management, with strong attention to detail
- Solid computer skills in Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge of electronics products and home appliances a plus.
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.