HIRING COMPANY: Style House (stylehousepr.com)
LOCATION: New York, NY
POSITION: Account Coordinator
COMPENSATION: Base salary + health, vision + dental, 401k + generous PTO
IMPORTANT: Please read this entire posting BEFORE applying, thank you!
We are a boutique public relations company in our 11th year of business, specializing in fashion, beauty and wellness lifestyle brands with a special focus on brands by women, for women. We were recently named one of the “Top Specialty PR Firms in New York City for Beauty” by Observer.com.
We are looking to make an immediate hire of a smart, savvy individual with great energy, confidence and an unapologetic attention to, and appreciation for, details. We are looking for an individual who can do more than make a to-do list – we need someone who can map out priorities in their head easily. You must be comfortable taking initiative, juggling multiple responsibilities and possess excellent problem solving skills on both a macro and micro level. Recent graduates are welcome to apply, but you MUST have experience working in a professional office environment. No exceptions.
You’ll be joining a small team of dedicated PR professionals that work hard and also have a lot of fun. We are seeking someone who knows how to be professional and proactive within a comfortable and friendly work environment. We are relaxed people, but take our work very seriously and need someone who takes great pride in all aspects of their work. You should be eager to understand the nuances of our industry and should never want to stop learning. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset, viewing your work as an extension of your personal brand. There is immense room for growth.
JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Administrative support to a team of creative publicists + the company founder
- Maintaining the organization of our clients’ product samples in our office
- Managing shipments of samples going to/coming from the media + influencers
- Clipping client coverage across print, digital + social media
- Maintaining and innovating systems for proprietary databases + contact lists
- Assisting with office projects as they arise
- 4-year college degree (BA or BS, all majors considered)
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Mac proficient with basic programs
- Patience, organization and energy to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and entrepreneurial mindset with a proven ability to thrive as a self-starter
IMPORTANT: Please put “Account Coordinator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please write a very short intro paragraph and answer the following 10 questions with as much color as you’d like:
- What are the last three apps you downloaded on your phone?
- What are the most used apps on your phone (excluding major social media channels)?
- What is the last book you read? What did you think of it?
- Tell us about a college course, book or film that changed the way you see the world.
- What media outlets do you rely on most to know what’s going on?
- How would your closest friends describe you?
- How would your parents describe you?
- What’s your favorite subway line in NYC + why?
- Name three things that make you happy.
- Can you find any typos in this job posting?
Janna Meyrowitz Turner, Founder and President
85 Broad St, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10004