Since 2003, New York City-based 5W Public Relations (5W) has worked with world-class and emerging brands, corporations, consumer companies, technology companies of all shapes and sizes, healthcare interests, regional businesses, non-profits, and high profile individuals to help them achieve their strategic public relations and marketing objectives across a broad range of interests.
5W practice areas include Consumer Brands, Food & Beverage, Health & Wellness, Travel & Hospitality, Technology, Beauty, Entertainment, Nonprofit, Corporate Communications and Reputation Management, Public Affairs, Crisis Communications, and all campaigns encompass digital strategy. Resourceful, innovative, and nimble, we work hard, think big, and deliver successful, game-changing results.
Entry to Mid-level position that will act as day-to-day point person on various Travel Clients.
- Draft and service pitch letters, press releases and media alerts.
- Create targeted media lists for broadcast, radio and print outlets.
- Write and distribute press releases to targeted media outlets.
- Proactively pitch targeted media outlets, including broadcast, print and new media.
- Write and edit media materials such as media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and case studies.
- Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations
- Daily interaction with various media outlets to discuss upcoming story ideas.
- Responsible for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts.
- Attend and facilitate media interviews; network with reporters and editors.
- Coordinate various event planning and media outreach events.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful PR campaigns.
- Manage daily intern responsibilities.
- Be able to communicate effectively in all written and verbal reports.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Misc. research, duties and projects as required.
Technical Skills & Qualifications::
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- At least 2 to 3 years of PR agency experience
- Able to handle multiple accounts simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative and energetic personality
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional opportunities: 5W PR Current Openings ALL LEVELS