Rodale is seeking a dynamic and innovative Public Relations Director to work in the New York office of Men’s Health, the world’s largest men’s lifestyle magazine brand. This individual will be a key member of the Rodale communications department reporting directly to the VP of Corporate Communications and Brand PR.
- Oversee consumer and trade publicity efforts across all brand platforms: print magazine, digital, events, integrated marketing programs and branded books
- Handle day-to-day activities of the PR Department, serving as a strategic partner to the publishing and editorial arms of the brand
- Strategize and generate consumer and trade news angles in both traditional and new ways
- Pitch and secure national and local media placements: print, broadcast, online
- Build strategic media partnerships
- Coordinate broadcast segments and print interviews: talking points, research, spokesperson preparation, props, etc.
- Write press releases, pitches, biographies, and backgrounders
- Secure executive speaking engagements; coordinate award submissions; increase overall visibility within industry
- Oversee and manage department logistics for maximum efficiency—mailing list creation and maintenance, monthly mailings, email blasting, tracking press coverage
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 8-10 years of experience in public/media relations; magazine/book/online publicity a plus, with national and local TV, print and online placements
- Proven track record of generating big ideas that result in greater brand awareness and media attention
- Strong understanding of audience engagement tactics via social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Familiarity with social media dashboards and analytics tools a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills; must be able to juggle and coordinate multiple projects and tasks, be detailed oriented as well as creative, tenacious and passionate.
- Positive attitude, especially under pressure; ability to work collaboratively and be a team player
- Be a results-driven, smart, energetic, enthusiastic self-starter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Liberal Arts preferred
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Cision
- Interest in health and fitness required
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is an independent, healthy, happy living company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Through a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale reaches more than 100 million people globally through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, and video. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Rodale’s Organic Life, and through Rodale Events, LLC, which produces 25 branded events that draw more than 100,000 participants annually. A digital leader in the healthy living space with properties such as EatClean, a vertical for those looking to improve their health through clean eating; Zelle, a running site for women; and Rodale’s®, a healthy lifestyle e-tail store, the company continues to find new ways to connect with audiences across developing technologies. Rodale editors are fixtures on the national media circuit, appearing on television regularly as authorities on health and wellness. For more information, visit RodaleInc.com and follow us at @RodaleInc.