Entry-Level Public Relations Freelancer (Job Number: 81322)
Toys “R” Us, Inc. is seeking an entry-level Public Relations freelancer, including a recent college graduate or Junior or Senior or studying Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area to work part-time or full-time on a temporary assignment (freelance) starting in October and continuing up to six months (with the possibility of an extension).
The assignment will include providing support for external and internal communications activity for Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us to advance company initiatives, demonstrate the brands’ authority position with respect to toy and baby products and services, promote community relations activities and generate consumer and employee engagement.
- Gather and organize information to draft communication materials for internal and/or external distribution, including but not limited to: fact sheets, press releases, interview briefing materials, key message points, pitches, media alerts, social media posts, company emails and Intranet postings.
- Field media calls, conduct proactive media outreach on behalf of the team, help facilitate interview requests and coordinate photo and video shoots, as needed.
- Build and update media lists. Research and identify changes in media coverage responsibility, and add new reporters and social influencers with whom the team can build relationships.
- Monitor and keep the team abreast of retail and toy trends in the media, as well as competitor news.
- Regularly monitor, track and report relevant media coverage; review and write recaps capturing the team’s activities and media results.
- Assist with the preparation, execution and promotion of special events at the company HQ and/or in its stores.
- Maintain and contribute relevant news story and pitch ideas to the team’s editorial calendar for media and social media.
- Monitor the social media landscape and identify emerging issues, as well as trending opportunities for Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us.
- Recent college graduate or Junior or Senior studying Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area
- Prior internship experience with Public Relations agency, in-house corporate or related field
- Experience working in a corporate or office environment
- Solid knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Photoshop, Illustrator and Final Cut
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Cision or like research tools; media monitoring services; PR Newswire
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
Note: This position is located in our Global Resource Center (Corporate Headquarters) in Wayne, New Jersey. Our location is not accessible by public transportation. We do not provide housing.
One Geoffrey Way