Toys “R” Us, Inc. is seeking a Junior or Senior studying Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area to work fulltime on a temporary, part-time assignment (internship) starting in October through December 2016.
The temporary part-time team member will work up to 20 hours per week providing support for external and internal communications activity for Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us to advance corporate initiatives, demonstrate the company’s authority position with respect to toy and baby products and services, raise its corporate responsibility and reputation profile and generate consumer and employee engagement.
- Gather and organize information to draft communication materials for internal and/or external distribution, including but not limited to: fact sheets, press releases, interview briefing materials, key message points, pitches, media alerts, social media posts, company emails and Intranet postings.
- Field media calls and conduct proactive media outreach on behalf of the team, and help facilitate interview requests and coordinate photo and video shoots, as needed.
- Build and update media lists. Research and identify changes in coverage responsibility, and add new reporters and social influencers with whom the team can build relationships.
- Monitor and keep the team abreast of retail and toy trends in the media, as well as competitor news.
- Regularly monitor, track and report relevant media coverage; review and write recap documents and presentations capturing the team’s activities and media results.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of special events at the company HQ and/or in its stores.
- Maintain and contribute to the team’s editorial calendar for media pitches and social media posts.
- Monitor the social media landscape and identify emerging issues, as well as trending opportunities for Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us.
- Junior or Senior studying Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area
- Prior internship experience with Public Relations agency, in-house corporate or related field
- Experience working in a corporate or office environment
- Solid knowledge of Powerpoint, Outlook, OneNote, Photoshop, Illustrator and Final Cut.
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Cision or like research tools; media monitoring services; PR Newswire
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
Note: This position is located in our Global Resource Center (Corporate Headquarters) in Wayne, New Jersey. Our location is not accessible by public transportation. We do not provide housing.
Send cover letter and resume to:
University Recruiting & Relations
One Geoffrey Way, Wayne, NJ 07470