Requisition ID: 000013PR
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,000 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson is home to a world-class communication team, and we are currently hiring our Class of Summer 2016 – a talented group of rising stars who will be fully-integrated members of our team, make meaningful contributions and demonstrate a real passion for communication.
Interns will gain valuable work experience in different areas across communication, in one of the most innovative, diversified and admired companies in the world.
- Interns will be placed in one of several potential areas within the Communication function.
- Examples include corporate communication, internal communication, media relations, insights and analytics, social media, consumer business communication, pharmaceutical communication, medical device communication.
- You will help build the reputation of Johnson & Johnson with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in communication activities that bring value across the company.
- You will help engage, align, inspire and inform our stakeholders around the world.
- You may handle a wide range of written communications including internal announcements, memos, intranet articles, meeting notes, press releases, media pitches, tweets, and more.
- You may support media relations and social media initiatives.
- You may also contribute to research for current and/or future campaigns, and translate the information into insights and strategy.
- Other activities may include media research in Cision, onsite support at media events, editing and proofreading written materials, and ensuring consistency of voice across communications.
- You may have the opportunity to interact with Johnson & Johnson employees at all levels, and with other partner groups within Johnson & Johnson including Legal, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT as well as our Operating Companies and agencies.
- We are looking for self-starters who can manage projects and follow-ups without letting anything fall through the cracks.
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College/University in a communications or related relevant college degree program – preferably a rising sophomore or junior
- Geographic mobility for the time of the internship (approximately 10 weeks)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research skills and the ability to synthesize and translate findings into strategic recommendations
- Strong digital and social acumen
- Time and priority management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Big picture vision
- Strong analytical skills
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- “Can do” attitude
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- Willingness to learn from others
- Willingness to partner with peers
- Courage to speak your voice and suggest out of the box ideas
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Application information: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/000013PR/Communication+Summer+Internship