Internship Program Description:
Are you ready to take a leap toward an action-packed career in the highly competitive field of sports and entertainment? An internship with Prudential Center and NJ Devils provides valuable hands-on experience in an ever-changing and dynamic environment. Become part of the excitement!
Prudential Center is a world-class sports and entertainment venue located in downtown Newark, New Jersey. Opened in October 2007, the state-of-the-art arena is the home of the National Hockey League’s (NHL) three-time Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall University’s NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball program, and more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events each year. Ranked in the Top 10 nationally by Pollstar, Billboard and Venues Today, Prudential Center is recognized as one of the premier venues in the United States and around the world, and welcomes 1.75 million guests annually.
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program (undergraduate- only juniors and seniors will be considered)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Student may receive academic credit toward graduation
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student
- 25-40 hours per week (dependent upon position)
- Student must be able to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays as required
To be considered for an internship, students MUST submit the following:
- Cover letter noting department(s) he/she is most interested in
- Optional: Video pitch, portfolio and/or project examples can be submitted as attachments via email@example.com
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast pace team environment
- Availability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be self-motivated, organized, hard-working
- Must be outgoing, personable, and energetic
- Have a passion for sports and entertainment
Available Internships for the Summer 2016:
- Event Marketing
- Community Investment
- Please note, a Human Resources representative will contact you if we should need further information or would like to schedule an in-person interview. Resumes are kept on active file for six months.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are your in your junior or senior year of college?
2. Are you passionate about Sports and/or Entertainment?
3. What is one fun fact about you?