PR JOB DESCRIPTION – Assistant Account Executive
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (AAE)
IMMEDIATE OPENING! EXCELLENT ENTRY LEVEL OPPORTUNITY!
Looking for an engaging, hands-on, and creative work environment? Winning Strategies is a strategic communications firm that integrates political strategy with advertising, public relations, and digital content marketing to help our clients advance their business goals. Using journalistic and political communications principles, we help clients translate complex concepts into compelling and relatable stories, and then activate integrated digital and traditional communications programs to deliver measurable results.
As an AAE, the candidate will play a key support role across a range of client accounts. The position will handle daily support of clients’ public relations campaigns, including creation of strategy and plans, client and media relations, social media campaigns, development of written materials and working with account teams to ensure deliverables and expectations are met.
We are seeking a creative, self-starter who has a positive attitude, is resourceful and organized and thrives in a dynamic atmosphere. Winning Strategies offers a multi-faceted team of PR and communications professionals, excellent benefits, and a great work/life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field
- Internship experience or other entry-level public relations experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrated writing experience
- Solid social media background and/or experience
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong phone and people skills
- Contribute to the development and execution of effective strategies and tactics (PR, social, etc.) designed to meet clients’ goals and objectives
- Participate in day-to-day activities on multiple accounts, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget
- With guidance of senior staff, produce and deliver effective PR materials and creative, engaging content (i.e., press releases, pitches, white papers, case studies, client reports, social media, etc.)
- Generation of original ideas for sustainable media relations and online community engagement across a select account group
- Actively participate in media relations campaigns, including developing media pitches and strong relationships with media and bloggers
- Build strong internal and client relationships, showcasing the confidence to speak up and voice opinions and expertise, and resolving challenges with colleagues challenges
- Preparation of media materials as well as monthly activity and status reports
- Demonstrate a strong awareness and understanding of PR trends, social media trends and the changing communications field
If you would like to join our team of driven, passionate, and talented individuals, please send your resume; must include a cover letter.
Attn: Ben Martin
WPUNJ alumni should cc: