EPIX is the multi-screen, multi-platform entertainment network from Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate and MGM Studios, delivering new releases, classic library movies, original music, comedy and sporting events anytime and anywhere – on TV, on demand, online and on electronic devices.
The EPIX Internship program is designed to provide a unique and rewarding experience for our interns. Offering college students exposure to all departments and levels within the organization as well as a chance to learn and contribute within a professional, fast-paced and progressive media environment. Providing our interns with the tools needed to achieve this goal is our main objective. All in all, an internship at EPIX is a fantastic opportunity for an individual interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.
- Participants are students entering their junior (class of 2018) or senior (class of 2017) year of college, as well as graduate students.
- 10-week Summer Internship Program: Monday, June 6, 2016 through Thursday, August 11, 2016.
- Interns are paid a competitive hourly rate.
- College credit is not required; however, we will provide appropriate documentation for academic credit, if necessary.
The EPIX Corporate office in NYC is currently seeking an Intern for our Public Relations group.
Assist the PR Team’s preparation for the Summer 2016 TCA Presentations for featured shows. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Working with PR Team on the creation of the TCA Media Kit featuring each show’s written and digital press materials
- Working with the Director, PR on the TCA Presentation Sizzle Reel elements
- Assisting the PR Coordinator with Talent travel itineraries
- Assist the PR coordinator on the Pre-TCA Mailing
- Compiling and servicing weekly press breaks
- Posting items to the EPIX Press Twitter Feed
- Updating the EPIX Press website
- Working the door at any NY based Press/Marketing Media events taking place between June-August 2016
- Students must be classified as an undergraduate upperclassmen(rising junior – class of 2018 or senior class of 2017) or as a graduate student
- Able to multi-task
- Takes direction well
- Possess a friendly/personable demeanor
- Preferred Majors:
- Public Relations, English, Liberal Arts, TV/Film Studies, Communications, Marketing
Technical Skills needed:
- Strong computer and digital/social media skills.
- 10 Weeks – 6/6/2016 through 8/11/2016
- Must be available to work a minimum of 2 full days to a max of 4 days (Monday – Thursday)
- Passionate about a career in media & entertainment
- Previous internship in media & entertainment a plus
- Previous internship in PR
- Active participation in University’s media & entertainment/PR clubs a plus
To Apply: https://viacomcareers-viacom.icims.com/jobs/3344/summer-internship—public-relations/job
To view other internships and jobs: http://www.viacomcareers.com/newyork.html