The Dr. Oz Show is seeking a publicity assistant for its Publicity Department.
The department handles all public/media relations in regards to the Dr. Oz brand and the show.
MUST HAVE knowledge and experience in PR and the ability to work in a fast-paced and exciting department.
We expect you to take initiative, be organized, take responsibility for your work and conduct
yourself in a professional manner at all times. Some basic functions of this position include: building
contacts, database management, interacting with other departments and guests, press releases, press
clippings, pick ups/drop offs, organizing video and photo shoots.
Expectations of an ideal candidate:
- Experienced Public Relations or Communications major
- Strong written skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of initiative, can work well with minimal direction
- Desire to learn
- Great at research, quick learner
- Positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Professional and organized
- Manage phones
- Maintain master calendar
- Monitor press coverage
- Assemble press clippings
- Write listings / show summaries
- Write press releases and press blasts
- Support studio show tapings
- Support Director of Publicity and Publicity Manager
- Cutting promotional clips
- Handle general administrative and PR tasks
- Oversee interns
The three-time Daytime Emmy® award-winning “The Dr. Oz Show”, hosted by the three-time Daytime Emmy award-winning host, Dr. Mehmet Oz, is now in its seventh season. “The Dr. Oz Show”, which is currently seen in 118 countries worldwide, debuted domestically in 2009 with the biggest ratings in over a decade in daytime television.
This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday). Applicants should send their cover letters and resumes to BOTH Cheryl Crowley (email@example.com) AND Laryssa Loza (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a sample of your writing.
Laryssa Loza | Publicity Assistant | The Dr. Oz Show
ZoCo Productions | 1270 Avenue of The Americas | New York, NY 10020
O: 212-259-1573 | email@example.com